Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rufige is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 60,413.24
Default injured hamstring... condition exercises other than runnin?

i injured my hamstring about 2 weeks ago and it's still not 100%. i'm tryin to rest it up to get it back there, but i also want to keep up my cardio. i can't run because it stresses the mucles, so i'm tryin to figure out what i can do to keep up my cardio while i rest up my hamstrings. i'm currently doin skippin, but i was wonderin if there's anythin else that can give me a better workout for cardio... any suggestions?
rufige is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-06-2008, 12:09 AM #2
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,813,921,159,371.33
Total Points: 10,813,930,243,108.45
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

swimming. thats about it.
Hitman932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 AM #3
Banned

Alexis Vastine is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 65,128.70
Thought you needed something to suck, and as this is your favourite... - GreatJoe Since you're too shy to admit you want the real thing. - Equilibrium 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - OASIS_LAD 

Nothing quite matches running for fitness and there is no replacement. I know how it is, I had some of my hamstring grafted out to reconstruct my ligament. Wait it out. In the meantime cycle and swim, but keep your mind focused for your return to running. It won't be easy and you can't pick up where you left off!!
Alexis Vastine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:12 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,025,370.46
Total Points: 2,040,406.27
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

Try those rowing machines, I had the same problem and just decided to take the time off to make sure it healed properly. There is nothing worst than a dodgy hamstring, let it heal before you push yourself!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 AM #5
Up and Comer

rufige is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 60,413.24

there's no pools around here, so swimming is out of the question. how about cyclin?
rufige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,025,370.46
Total Points: 2,040,406.27
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

I'd start off gently, but give it a shot
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 AM #7
Banned

Alexis Vastine is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 65,128.70
Thought you needed something to suck, and as this is your favourite... - GreatJoe Since you're too shy to admit you want the real thing. - Equilibrium 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - OASIS_LAD 

If it is short term do not worry too much and just rest it. Mine was long term and i found the therabands from physio were handy for stretching the hamstrings. Stretching helps alot.
Alexis Vastine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 AM #8
Contender

anonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,560.31
Total Points: 27,600.57
For ur 1st class posting bud! - The Surgeon great job finding that exposure - Pancho Gonzales My round mate! - The Surgeon Cheers champ! - The Surgeon 

Here's a good list of cardio exercises:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

You'll have to weed through to see if you could find any that don't require the hamstring.
Good luck.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
anonymousboxing is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
condition, exercises, hamstring..., injured, runnin?

User Tag List