Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutter Says Serra May B Next 2 B Cut......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutter Says Serra May B Next 2 B Cut......

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2579.html

couldn't copy an paste it so have 2 read through the link.
    seems they really wanted serra 2 lose that fight.

I wouldn't want him to get cut. The UFC has to really consider smartening up. If they keep this up they won't have no good fighter and allready people are leaving because of their management. They got rid of their greatest HW ever in Couture over money dispute. They need to seriously see where they're heading at this pace

Comment

yeah....i wanted serra to lose too.

Comment

yeah seems pretty disrepectful 2 the champ 2 throw him in a locker room with 5-6 other people an give the challenger his own private room.
        other champs got the private rooms i donno i may b a little bias as a serra fan but jus seems disrespectful 2me.
        i don't think they'll cut Serra anytime soon, i think he'll beat hughes an work his way back 2 GSP, would b nice 2 see him at 155 but in an ol interview he said he wants 2 stay at 170.
        on the Lutter subject i wouldn't mind seeing him signed 2 strike force/elite xc an fight either shamrock or cung le.
        i think he'll have success against both.

Comment

I dont think Serra did mind sharing a locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
            i don't think they'll cut Serra anytime soon, i think he'll beat hughes an work his way back 2 GSP.
            What if Hughes beats Serra, than do you see him being cut?

The UFC is not gonna survive if it doesn't change, and its management is so rigid that I don't think it will. The sport of MMA is bigger than any one promotion. The UFC has always been the face of MMA in the US, but that is all changing now that MMA has grown so lucrative.

What is necessary is for fighters to be paid on a fight by fight basis, rather than contracted for a particular number of fights and let go at the UFC's discretion. Contracts excluding fighters from participating in any event that is not the UFC have also got to go. The UFC has to do these things, but they probably won't and they'll probably end up sucking ass because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
              What if Hughes beats Serra, than do you see him being cut?

The UFC is not gonna survive if it doesn't change, and its management is so rigid that I don't think it will. The sport of MMA is bigger than any one promotion. The UFC has always been the face of MMA in the US, but that is all changing now that MMA has grown so lucrative.

What is necessary is for fighters to be paid on a fight by fight basis, rather than contracted for a particular number of fights and let go at the UFC's discretion. Contracts excluding fighters from participating in any event that is not the UFC have also got to go. The UFC has to do these things, but they probably won't and they'll probably end up sucking ass because of it.
              I can kinda see why Dana don't let the fighters fight in other orgs though, how tough would his brand look if his champion went somewhere else and got beat by someone else's champion...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                I can kinda see why Dana don't let the fighters fight in other orgs though, how tough would his brand look if his champion went somewhere else and got beat by someone else's champion...

he made this mistake once, and he'll never do it again!

Comment

No one would want the fighter from their business lost to someone else's but at the same time, if there is a huge matchup like Couture vs Emelianeko then fans will get angry and start to dislike UFC for that. Also Dana White has been making some pretty odd moves in cutting everyone from his roster. Bad management IMO and if someone doesn't step in then the UFC won't be rising as quick

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    As the fighters become larger than the promotions the fans will demand certain mach ups regardless of who's under what promotion. Randy-Fedor is a case in point.

The UFC pushes their "product" as if it's the UFC label that makes their **** what it is, but its really the fights and the fighters that make MMA not the promotions.

Imagine if Golden Boy only allowed their fighters to fight other Golden Boy fighters, in a special Golden Boy ring, for the "Golden Boy Championship of the World." It'd be pretty goddamn ridiculous when you think about it.

I think we're going to see MMA promoters acting more and more like boxing promoters in the months and years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X