Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sober people, how do you fare in bars or heavy drinking atmospheres?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniff model airplane glue on the toilet. You'll be the hit of the party....

Comment

This should be your drink of choice....

And watch out in case your friends try this party trick on you...

Comment

I do not drink alcohol at all anymore. It's been over 4 years since I've had a drink. I'm not in AA or anything, I just decided to quit and adopt a more healthy lifestyle. I don't mind if people are drinking but I do get annoyed quickly with people who are really buzzed or drunk. Not a big fan of going to bars anymore unless there is good food. Otherwise it's just boring.

I think you could go with your coworkers and just get a non-alcoholic drink. I've never met anyone who didn't respect someone who didn't drink. When you tell people you don't drink it's almost always met with "good for you" or "I need to cut back" or something like that. If there is someone who gives you shit about it, then fuck them.

As far as tipping when your only drinking soda or something, a lot of places will give you soda for free if you're the designated driver. Either way, I will usually tip the bartender.
        Last edited by Xyei; 07-25-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          You used to be sober? How would you act in bars? Would your friends pressure you into drinking? What drinks would you order instead of alcohol? Did people make fun of you? Sorry but I am desperate!
          Not gonna lie, it is kinda akward but nobody really pressured me to drink

Comment

Drink virgin mary's

Comment

Back iin the wild west the bars were a good plays to socialize and get herbal remedies like a sarsaparilla but now you mostly just get fake syrup

Comment

being around drunks when sober is fuking annoying

drink O'douls

Comment

I keep getting invited to go out to bars by my coworkers but I always turn them down because I don't drink (but I don't tell them that). I'm in my mid 20's and I've never even stepped foot in a bar before, is that sad?

I'm thinking that maybe I should start accepting invitations to bars but I still don't want to drink. Is it socially acceptable to order food and whatnot but instead of getting beer, can I get a water or Coke, or "club soda"? Which would seem less fruity? Would I stand out like a sore thumb if I didn't drink at a bar? Or do people who are sober do this all the time?

Also, is there any bar etiquette that I should know? I know most people "tip" their bartender right, but does the same hold true if I am only getting soda/water?

Also, is bar food good? Or is it typically fatty foods to keep the alcohol in check?
                  It only sucks when people try to push drinks on you. Whenever I'm a DD I order tonic water to make me feel like I'm having gin and tonic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Nothing wrong with drinking a soda at a bar, or sipping on cranberry juice at a club, as long as your not being a pansy about it.

As long as you're not dragging anyone else down or making a deal out of others drinking, there's no worries.

In terms of tipping, most places charge for sodas just as they charge for alcohol; not sure how generous a tipper you are, but $1 for any drink $9 and below, $2 for any drinks $10 and up is a pretty good rule of thumb.
                    thanks! this was helpful
                    Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    ... and the moment I get to the second comment, it becomes clear that this is a troll thread.
                    not true, i was talking about the movie below, coyote ugly
                    Originally posted by statosteve View Post
                    Coyote ugly???
                    yep, that's it!
                    Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Sniff model airplane glue on the toilet. You'll be the hit of the party....
                    is this some sort of trend in the jewish community?
                    Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    I do not drink alcohol at all anymore. It's been over 4 years since I've had a drink. I'm not in AA or anything, I just decided to quit and adopt a more healthy lifestyle. I don't mind if people are drinking but I do get annoyed quickly with people who are really buzzed or drunk. Not a big fan of going to bars anymore unless there is good food. Otherwise it's just boring.

I think you could go with your coworkers and just get a non-alcoholic drink. I've never met anyone who didn't respect someone who didn't drink. When you tell people you don't drink it's almost always met with "good for you" or "I need to cut back" or something like that. If there is someone who gives you shit about it, then fuck them.

As far as tipping when your only drinking soda or something, a lot of places will give you soda for free if you're the designated driver. Either way, I will usually tip the bartender.
                    thanks!
                    Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    Not gonna lie, it is kinda akward but nobody really pressured me to drink
                    i see.
                    Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                    Drink virgin mary's
                    sounds kinda gay tho
                    Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    being around drunks when sober is fuking annoying

drink O'douls
                    what's odouls?
                    Originally posted by Trigger unhappy View Post
                    It only sucks when people try to push drinks on you. Whenever I'm a DD I order tonic water to make me feel like I'm having gin and tonic.
                    tonic water? is this a black drink?

Comment

is this some sort of trend in the jewish community?
                      I wouldn't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X