Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner a elite, good, mediocre or a bad fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    He clearly has talent. But there's a disconnect some where. Someone with his speed and power shouldn't be throwing so few punches consistently. When he lets his hands go, good things happen, but he refuses. I'm not sure if it's a stamina thing or what. But his boxing IQ really isn't all that good
    Speed and power does not equal talent. That is whats wrong with all these people that ever thought Broner was going to be good. They see fast had, and power and assume that means he is talented, coordinated, and knows how to leverage those assets into meaningful wins.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
      Broner loss to Maidana, Garcia, and Porter. So honestly his best win is Antonio DeMarco and that says a lot.
      Mikey is an undefeated elite fighter.

Maidana almost beat Floyd, who's the greatest fighter of the last 15 years. Maidana took some 0's and gave out some vicious beatings. He took Ortiz's 0, gave Khan a good beating that Roach was on the verge of stopping. Took Broner's 0. Robbed against Kotelnyk too.

Porter had good fights with the best welters, Thurman and Brook. Also Broner has been the only guy to put down Porter, too little too late though.

Broner is GOOD, not great or elite, but good. He's a good fighter if we're really assessing all fighters fairly. Who do you have winning between him and Matthysse, Horn, Vargas, Peterson? These are all top 10 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Mikey is an undefeated elite fighter.

Maidana almost beat Floyd, who's the greatest fighter of the last 15 years. Maidana took some 0's and gave out some vicious beatings. He took Ortiz's 0, gave Khan a good beating that Roach was on the verge of stopping. Took Broner's 0. Robbed against Kotelnyk too.

Porter had good fights with the best welters, Thurman and Brook. Also Broner has been the only guy to put down Porter, too little too late though.

Broner is GOOD, not great or elite, but good. He's a good fighter if we're really assessing all fighters fairly. Who do you have winning between him and Matthysse, Horn, Vargas, Peterson? These are all top 10 guys.
        I know all three fighters resumes. They all beat Broner decisively. Like they should've. Just because they were good doesnt mean Broner is good. Had he won them or atleast looked better than I could say he was good.

But so far 3 big tests and 3 big losses.

And to call Mikey Garcia elite ehh. I dont see it. I just dont. Amd to say Maidana almost beat Floyd ehh. Boxing has fallen off when Mikey Garcia is considered an undefeated elite fighter.

Comment

Broner is a very good fighter, it's just that there's something off about him, he just can't keep his head in the game. Too many distractions and whatnot.

And he's kinda of a dick so that's probably why he turns so many people off.

Comment

He'll never beat the elite fighters...

Comment

Voted good.

People do forget he was in the top 10 P4P before. I think it was after his run at 135 and stopping DeMarco. Coincidentally he was promoted by Golden Boy at the time who owns Ring Mag, so some bias was involved, but he was in the top 10.

Comment

He got a gift decision against Granados

Hes a gate keeper at this point and would be a tune up for Jesse Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Huh?

Zlaticanin was #1 ranked at 135 by The Ring.

Burgos was #5 ranked at 130 by The Ring.

Martinez was ranked top 5 at 130 by The Ring.

Salido was ranked #1 at 126 by The Ring.

Lopez was ranked #6 at 126 by The Ring.
                  I'll give him Salido, he's tough but tiny . The rest of those guys are just paper ranked fighters and are no where near the Elite Skill level of guys like Lomenchenko, Crawford and Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Speed and power does not equal talent. That is whats wrong with all these people that ever thought Broner was going to be good. They see fast had, and power and assume that means he is talented, coordinated, and knows how to leverage those assets into meaningful wins.
                    THIS RIGHT HERE

Garcia isn't elite all of a sudden because of this win vs Broner. He's elite because of eye test plus the results in ring

Comment

Broner is another headcase with elite athletic ability.

After Saturday, for me, that's just it. He has incredible athletic gifts, but he does not have the focus to be a great fighter. He never executes any semblance of a fight plan, he gets discouraged and distracted, he doesn't dig his heels in and try to win fights when he's lagging behind.

He's a more gifted athlete than Mikey Garcia. That's what made the fight last weekend so interesting to watch. A better fighter working over and beating a superior athlete with more physical advantages.

Comment

Working...
                      X