Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev is Furious: He Hit Me With Low Blows - This is Bull****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev is so lucky not to have been laid out and hauled out in a stretcher!!! if only Tony Weeks had allowed the fight to continue, we would have had a better ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Body shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots
      Casual fans don't count body shots. Even though they're the BEST if done right.

Comment

• This is kind of how I see GGG and Canelo ending. GGG has the power but Canelo more skill and is one HELL of a good body puncher. His body to uppercut combo is a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Casual fans don't count body shots. Even though they're the BEST if done right.
          Originally posted by devildg View Post
          Kovalev is so lucky not to have been laid out and hauled out in a stretcher!!! if only Tony Weeks had allowed the fight to continue, we would have had a better ending.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzrIExfX3c

Comment

• I know Wards a Dic...Damn to know a fight got stopped by that??? Meeks needs to get punished.

Comment

• This is what I hate about Ward. It's always some dirty tactics. Either headbutts or low blows or grappling. I thought he was in trouble early in the fight and thats when Ward threw the 1st low blow. Ward's good but I don't think I ever seen him fight clean for 12 rds....

Comment

• I don't remember anyone complaining about Tony Weeks officiating for the first Floyd-Maidana fight

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Curious to see how Kovalev responds to this. He seems to be unraveling.
                  I was thinking the same thing. It's to bad because he is clearly a good fighter, he just needs to tweak the mental aspect of his game and check his attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    The stoppage/low blows was questionable but Kovalev got his ass kicked the entire fight. That is the real story not the low blows.

Kovalev looked like garbage from the opening bell to the stoppage. Not sure what his deal was because Ward wasn't doing anything dramatically different from the first fight, sure he added a couple new wrinkles to his game, gave Kovalev some different looks and attacked the body, but Kovalev should have been able to compete with that given the first fight, instead he was gassed by the 4th round breathing heavily with his mouth wide open and sluggishly following Ward around the ring without much behind his punches.

The first fight his excuse was he overtrained, this fight it looked like he didn't train at all! Very disappointed in Kovalevs ​performance; I wanted to see a good fight similar to the first one. Ward showed up and delivered, Kovalev didn't.
                    I agree. I think Kovalev looked the same though, I think it was Ward that looked so much better. By the 5th round you could see Kovalev starting to realize he couldn't do anything and then as the fight progressed he went back to holding and tying up in the clinches to avoid the body shots. He wasn't just winded, he was demoralized. Ward just had too much skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      This is kind of how I see GGG and Canelo ending. GGG has the power but Canelo more skill and is one HELL of a good body puncher. His body to uppercut combo is a thing of beauty.
                      Canelo has Timberlands for feet. Golovkin is going to get to him.

Canelo doesn't like pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X