No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins: Soda is like liquid crack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Lol I guess it's a national thing then. I guess everyone calls it that.

Tell you what bro, this **** will have you feeling goooooooood. I love it... But once you wake up the headache is massive.

Tbh the only reason why I haven't drank it anymore is cause once I moved back to FL I couldn't find the blue raspberry one. It's the only one I like but everyone has different taste.

I don't doubt the bold. Got a crazy friend that used to drink it. Guess I never got over the nickname to bring myself to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
      Man there are so many 50-60 year olds now that look WAY better than Hopkins.
      Floyd Mayweather Senior must eat well, he hasn't aged a day

Comment

Originally posted by Merciless1 View Post

I don't doubt the bold. Got a crazy friend that used to drink it. Guess I never got over the nickname to bring myself to try it.
        Damn, so you had a friend who drank it and never got you to try it? What a ****ty friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Sugar is bad for you. ****ty for your body + addictive so yea Bhop makes sense.

Randomly Bhop should get a food show or do something with healthy diet stuff. Write a book about it maybe or something in that world cuz he's deep down the good healthy eating habits rabbithole & is someone worth listening to from just the random tidbits I've heard him speak on over the years.
          If Foreman could leverage his success as a middle aged boxer into selling grills, BHop ought to be able to do the same. Just pair him up with a Martha Stewart type and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Damn, so you had a friend who drank it and never got you to try it? What a ****ty friend.
            Can't say I would have if he did offer. I'd rather watch him drink it and become the one man party that he is. Dude is bat **** crazy but the life of any party.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              Man there are so many 50-60 year olds now that look WAY better than Hopkins.

This is the new-age of TRT - where men can have shredded bodies well into their 60's.

I don't believe for a SECOND Hopkins isn't on TRT. And he still doesn't look as good as those dudes on those youtube ads promoting "testosterone boosting foods."
              I think Hopkins is natty dude.

If he were on TRT he would be shredded with his clean diet and workout consistency. I know some guys on TRT who are 57 and 60 from my gym they dont take Steroids but TRT they look way more muscular than B hop

Look at Mark Sisson he eats clean works out and he is 64 years old and started taking TRT moderate dosage testosterone when he turned 60 and is way more muscular than B hop

I agree with Hopkins the junk food and soda and fast food is horrible.

When you clean up your diet you feel better and think more rationally, people who eat nothing but junk seem to get irritable and angry easy.

you are what you eat if you eat junk you act like junk, you eat good you feel good.

Comment

he is not mistaken. coke is terrible for you, but somehow i can't stop drinking it

Comment

Sugar isnt terrible like others have commented but if u do consume sugar u should do it actively, meaning u eat it & do some sort of exercise after. Sugar is energy that burns quick & also stores quick as fat.

Comment

This is basically what B hop eats on a daily basis from what I heard from him talking about his diet, whats funny is in order to eat healthy you have to make good money, healthy natural foods cost a lot more than junk foods

Salmon, brown rice, brocolli

Cobb Salad (without the bacon)

steak brocolli with rice

Grilled boneless chicken breast with Veggies

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      I think Hopkins is natty dude.

If he were on TRT he would be shredded with his clean diet and workout consistency. I know some guys on TRT who are 57 and 60 from my gym they dont take Steroids but TRT they look way more muscular than B hop

Look at Mark Sisson he eats clean works out and he is 64 years old and started taking TRT moderate dosage testosterone when he turned 60 and is way more muscular than B hop

I agree with Hopkins the junk food and soda and fast food is horrible.

When you clean up your diet you feel better and think more rationally, people who eat nothing but junk seem to get irritable and angry easy.

you are what you eat if you eat junk you act like junk, you eat good you feel good.

Well, you gotta remember, Hopkins, unlike your regular gym-rat in his 50's+ who is on TRT, is in a CALORIC DEFICIT in order to lose/maintain weight (Hopkins rehydrates to around 190 on FN).

Moreover, Hopkins doesn't do heavy resistance-training. He prolly does calisthenics, some very lightweight stuff, and that's it.

Just about everything Hopkins does to train for a fight is CATABOLIC, rather than ANABOLIC.

And it's also about genetics - Hopkins just doesn't have good insertions.

I'm sure if Hopkins got on a caloric-surplus diet, and did anabolic stuff (weight-lifting), he would look more what you would expect somebody on PEDS to look like.

Comment

Working...
                      X