Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Canelo Tips in at 160.2 at 7-Day Weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd think it's pretty common now that boxers cut 5-6 pounds in the 6 days before a weigh-in.

Doesn't seem like a big deal at all

Comment

He should make weight.

But the constant in a lot of his fights that go into the Championship rounds, you begin to see the heavy breathing, taking breaks walking around the ring, not throwing a lot of punches. He's dangerous in the first several rounds but he puts on a good amount of weight and with the pace I think this fights gonna be at, it might catch up to him late. Cotto was the same making 140-147 then ballooning to 165-166 which down the stretch would slow him down. Since being w/ Freddie Cotto's come into camp already at a good weight and he's not putting much more on after the weigh ins which I think is helping in the stamina dept. I've always said if and when Canelo goes to 160 not having to cut that much more weight, his body will respond a lot better down the stretch.

Am I the only one also who thinks Canelo "might've" over trained for this fight?

Comment

sweet, hes only 0.2lbs away from making the lineal middleweight championship fight weight.

OH OOPS, i mean 5.2lbs away from making the 155 lineal championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          So Cotto comes in at 157.8 and Canelo 160.2 but hes going to drain himself doe. So 2.4 pounds heavier means he's drained but Cotto is small
          Yea, isn't it insane

Both guys are obviously JMW's.

And that fkn asshat kafkod has decided to add a post of mine to his sig, saying that Canelo is obviously a JMW.

LOL

He is freely advertising his stupidity to knowledgable fans.

For the first time ever, I actually agree with him
          Last edited by aboutfkntime; 11-16-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            He should make weight.

But the constant in a lot of his fights that go into the Championship rounds, you begin to see the heavy breathing, taking breaks walking around the ring, not throwing a lot of punches. He's dangerous in the first several rounds but he puts on a good amount of weight and with the pace I think this fights gonna be at, it might catch up to him late. Cotto was the same making 140-147 then ballooning to 165-166 which down the stretch would slow him down. Since being w/ Freddie Cotto's come into camp already at a good weight and he's not putting much more on after the weigh ins which I think is helping in the stamina dept. I've always said if and when Canelo goes to 160 not having to cut that much more weight, his body will respond a lot better down the stretch.

Am I the only one also who thinks Canelo "might've" over trained for this fight?

You made a real good point there imho.

But a lot of fighters look spent by the 11-12th round.

The folks who are whining about Canelo " draining " himself, clearly have no idea what that does to a fighter.

If Canelo is draining himself to the point where it weakens him, he will lose.

Especially against a real one.

Cotto is about to investigate, and he will advise us of his findings real soon.

This recent phenomenon, where casual fans tell veteran fighters where they should be campaigning, is fkn hilarious actually.

Comment

It's official, Canelo will be weight drained on fight night

no way he loses that much weight in one week and stays healthy

losing 5.2 lbs in one week might look easy for fat couch potatoes like the posters here, but it's a ton for a boxer who should already be in shape

ginger has probably outgrown the 155 lbs by now, the cw was a miscalculation from his team

he's gonna be a zombie on fight night, kinda like with Mayweather

extra props to ginger if he still beats Cotto in this sorry, zombie state. this is starting to look like the Geale match

Comment

Originally posted by nielon View Post
                7 days to shred 7 pounds does not sound that healthy to me, unless that picture was taken after one of those Chepo Reynoso asados and tacos cookouts!!!
                #WarCotto
                #MayTheBestManWin
                #HopefullyCotto
                #GGGSitBackWatchAndLearn
                #PPVBigLeagues
                #CantWaitNoMo
                #CaneloIsAFullFledgeMW
                #NeedsMarinatingTimeLOL

He's actually in great shape(figuratively) if he's got 7 days to lose only 5 lbs. Easily done with proper water manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  I'd think it's pretty common now that boxers cut 5-6 pounds in the 6 days before a weigh-in.

Doesn't seem like a big deal at all
                  Don't listen to the idiots, they are being fkn ridiculous.

He is right on track, EASY !

The 7-day weight completely fk'd their agenda and it completely contradicted the rubbish they have talked for the last 2 months..... so what you are seeing now is denial.

The fact that Canelo is actually a JMW seems to be heartbreaking for them.

Absurd.

And I'm not even a huge Canelo fan, I support him, but not against Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    extra props to ginger if he still beats Cotto in this sorry, zombie state. this is starting to look like the Geale match

Let's leave the excuses for after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                      i can tell your new to boxing. but you will claim you been watching for decades. fighters lose way more weight then that in shorter time and many still fight well. by the way its 5 pounds in 7 days stupid ass.
                      Yeah but my problem is that he already looks emaciated now at 160. That five pounds might be rough.

Comment

Working...
                      X