No announcement yet.

Three HBO PPV's in a 4 week span?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    That's all true but when is the last time a fight as expensive as any of these was on regular Hbo?
    I'm not saying these are bad PPv, manny and cotto are legit PPV draws, and ward-kovolev is the best matchup of the year

They need to make 1 a month over October, November, December instead of 3 in 4 weeks

To answer your question, I'm not sure about exact costs, but hbo payed a pretty penny in recent years for expensive fights like
    Hopkins-calzaghe
    Ward-dawson
    Hopkins-dawson 2
    Wlad-haye
    Wlad-Povetkin

Comment

And I'm only buying the one that's actually PPV worthy which is Kovalev Ward. If Pacquiao fights Crawford then I'm buying two. But I'm not paying for trash, any longer.

Ams I don't care if hindsight provides that they're all three great fights. **** that.

Comment

.... why in the hell is Ward-Kovalev on PPV? Neither guy has a fan base for that. Itll do 100k.

Comment

PAC vs Crawford is PPV worthy so is PAC vs Garcia or Thurman
          Anyone else is not PPV worthy
          Ward kovo isn't ppv worthy both aren't big names to casuals ( like it or not they run the sport) so this fight will flop
          Cotto is ridiculous asking for $15 mil a fight
          He is way past prime and damaged goods no way is he PPV worthy at this point

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            And I'm only buying the one that's actually PPV worthy which is Kovalev Ward. If Pacquiao fights Crawford then I'm buying two. But I'm not paying for trash, any longer.

Ams I don't care if hindsight provides that they're all three great fights. **** that.
            I went to the dark side and stream all PPV. I paid $150 and have watched 6 PPV already so it paid for itself

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              I went to the dark side and stream all PPV. I paid $150 and have watched 6 PPV already so it paid for itself
              Roger that. I know what youre using and I'm doing G the same thing. However, I will still buy things that are worth while.

Also my "thing" has also paid or itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                Roger that. I know what youre using and I'm doing G the same thing. However, I will still buy things that are worth while.

Also my "thing" has also paid or itself.
                Cheers bruv!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I'm not saying these are bad PPv, manny and cotto are legit PPV draws, and ward-kovolev is the best matchup of the year

They need to make 1 a month over October, November, December instead of 3 in 4 weeks

To answer your question, I'm not sure about exact costs, but hbo payed a pretty penny in recent years for expensive fights like
                  Hopkins-calzaghe
                  Ward-dawson
                  Hopkins-dawson 2
                  Wlad-haye
                  Wlad-Povetkin
                  I can tell you Hbo paid very little for the Wlad fights. Those afternoon euro shows come cheap.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                  Purses for Sat card in Oakland as per California commission: Ward $1,367,500; Dawson $600K; DeMarco $180K; Molina $85K #boxing #WardDawson

Dawson Hopkins was probably same ballpark. The cheapest of these is Ward Kovalev and that's probably 7-8m combined at least

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    .... why in the hell is Ward-Kovalev on PPV? Neither guy has a fan base for that. Itll do 100k.
                    Hbo can't pay those purses. The promoters will take a bath instead

Comment

If that's the way it goes, That's pretty f.ucked up on HBO part

They have to know that there going to be taking buys away from each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X