Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to rethink Cotto Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always given Cotto a very good chance and I still do. Always found it weird how some of the biggest Cotto fans on here didn't like his chances against Canelo. I still favor Canelo but Cotto is more than capable. I'd expect him to use the same game plan he used against Margarito in the rematch, this time he'd have to be a little more sharper.

Comment

Naw fight not gonna happen, on twitter reputable sources are saying that their mumbling of that cotto plans to ask canelo for a catchweight of 152.

Comment

both guys have been putting in quick work vs their opposition...we know Canelo has gassed out in the past...

i would lean towards Canelo but if he's huffing and puffing after 8 rounds and Cotto isn't, then he might be able to take a points win

Comment

IMO, cotto is a more skilled boxer, and will win by 1-3 rounds. He has enough power to make canelo hesitant/respect his power, and enough skill to box circles around him.

Comment

Canelo fought at 55 his last 3 fights. I don't want to hear no excuses about the weight. Cotto said he would fight him at 55.

Comment

Cotto has a speed advantage against slow (but bigger) and injured middleweights. He won't have any of those advantages against Canelo.

Cotto's left hook will be the only punch for Canelo to fear. Cotto still has no head movement. Canelo will turn his small rican brain into mush.

Comment

I've still got Canelo by stoppage. I fail to see it not being exciting either way.

Comment

Would be a good fight. Favor Canelo.

This fight sells itself without the belt so ideally Cotto should drop the belt or the WBC should enforce their own rules (yeah right) so the MW crown can be fought for between guys who actually fight at 160.

Comment

Stage is set for a huge fight.

Cotto the Puerto Rican Veteran, big money draw, coming off 2 impressive, knockouts.

Canelo the rising Mexican superstar, young and talented, also coming off an impressive KO and also a big draw.

Awesome, I can't wait.

Comment

People too quick to drink the Canelo Kool aid because he beat Kirkland. Cotto is more disciplined and an alot better boxer. I think it's a 50/50 fight. Whoever wants it more and has more in the tank towards the end of this fight which means Cotto needs to work the body from round 1. Cotto should box a bit but he should also put some pressure on Canelo in spurts.

Comment

Working...
                      X