No announcement yet.

2014 NBA Draft thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NBA Draft thread

The draft is on Thursday so I just started this thread in preparation of it. Who will the Cavs draft with the 1st pick? Wiggins, Parker, Embid, Exum? I really don't see any franchise type superstar level players in this draft. I think Wiggins and Parker will be good players but not superstars. I think Embid will be a bust. Exum is intriguing and ultimately might be the best player to come out of this draft. I really wasn't all that impressed with these guys in college. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Watching guys like Durant, Rose, Griffin, and Irving playing in college it was apparent that they would be very good if not great NBA players. I didn't really get that feeling watching any of these projected lottery picks.

Comment

I heard Parker tanked the workout so he could get picked by the Bucks. The Cavs don't need Parker, he's a bum anyway. Wiggins is the guy the Cavs need.

Comment

Oh, and the rockets will take Shabazz Napier.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          I heard Parker tanked the workout so he could get picked by the Bucks. The Cavs don't need Parker, he's a bum anyway. Wiggins is the guy the Cavs need.
          I think they should draft Wiggins number 1. I'm not sure that they'll do it though. I think they would've drafted Embid if he didn't get hurt. I think Parker is a poor mans Carmelo Anthony. He's extremely 1 dimensional. Cavs need to get rid of Waiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            I think they should draft Wiggins number 1. I'm not sure that they'll do it though. I think they would've drafted Embid if he didn't get hurt. I think Parker is a poor mans Carmelo Anthony. He's extremely 1 dimensional. Cavs need to get rid of Waiters.
            I have heard Mixed reports. CBS Thinks it will be Parker. ESPN and most other reputable sports networks think it will be wiggins. If Parker does not want to be a Cav, Cleveland won't draft him. Cleveland wants dedicated players, Not players that plan to leave.

Comment

I have heard Mixed reports. CBS Thinks it will be Parker. ESPN and most other reputable sports networks think it will be wiggins. If Parker does not want to be a Cav, Cleveland won't draft him. Cleveland wants dedicated players, Not players that plan to leave.
              I remember ESPN was saying this was the best draft in years because Wiggins was the biggest draft prospect since Lebron James. I don't know anything about Wiggins, but why the sudden flip flop?

Comment

If they draft Wiggins, do you think that Cleveland might be making a run at Lebron?

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                  If they draft Wiggins, do you think that Cleveland might be making a run at Lebron?
                  The decisions they have made don't show enough effort to sign him this year. I believe LeBron will use this year as an observation year. He will opt in for one last year with Miami to Observe and See how David Blatt does. If he likes what he sees, Expect him to return to the cavs.

Comment

copy pasta from the other other thread. THIS IS HOW I SEE THE TOP TEN SHAKING OUT.

1.Cavs- Andrew Wiggins
                    2.Bucks- Jabari Parker
                    3.sixers- Dante Exum
                    4.Magic- Marcus Smart
                    5.jazz- Noah Vonleh
                    6.Celtics- Joel Embiid
                    7.Lakers- Elfird Peyton
                    8.Kings- Julius Randle
                    9.Hornets- Aaron Gordon
                    10.Sixers- Kyle Anderson

Comment

Working...