Amir Khans gameplan Vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khans gameplan Vs Mayweather

*Serious posters only please*

Whenever someone mentions Khan vs Mayweather many of us are quick to mention the winner but....

If you were Khans trainer what gameplan would you give to Amir Khan to beat floyd?

Try and be as detailed as possible.
    I will do a similar thread for Mayweather gameplan in a couple of days.

Lets see what people think

NB - There reaches are virtually the same.
    Mayweather reach -72
    Khan reach - 71
    (According to boxrec)

Khans a pretty big fighter and that helps him greatly mask his big problem against pressure fighters. Floyd would be bigger though, stronger also and would back Khan up and put it on him for sure. There really isn't a gameplan tbh because he simply doesn't have the skills to beat him. I guess I would tell him to just get in there and blitz him, that's his only chance. If he sits back there and tries to time, he will get picked off. If he blitzes him he could get a lucky punch in but chances are Mayweather steps to the side or blocks it and hurts Khan with a punch he doesn't see.

Comment

I think he'll try and box him from the outside, using his jab.

Then he'll try to be unpredictable and throw combinations in spots.

To be totally honest, I actually think Amir Khan will pose some problems for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Get beat by Peterson to bait Floyd in. DUH

Comment

"Double the fucking jab" obviously

Seriously though, Amir's best shot is to play it on the outside and look to use the jab as his primary weapon. Occasional flurries here and there, but tbh Floyd would probably time him if he did it too often.

If it happens at the end of next year in the UK, i'm there and rooting for my boy AK
          Last edited by ts33; 11-20-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

He should do what he's been doing now which is to wait Floyd out until he slips more. As for a fight, he should try to use his range, keep that jab poppin, and use alot of side to side movement. Land flurries & get out because I think Floyd will try to meet him in the Center and then slowly walk him down. He's not ready yet though

Comment

Jab, double up on the jab to start with then he will prob look for the occasional flurry to catch the judges eyes. If this fight happens at the end of 2012 or early 2013 I expect khan to be competitive in the fight.

Comment

One thing that was somewhat successfull was Oscars jab. The only Problem is that Mayweather usually takes it away with that right hand counter , or his check hook. A fighter is gonna have to learn how to counter his counter right hand. I would advise my fighter to Jab in singles and watch Mayweathers right hand and as soon as he throws his right hand fire yours. If this doesn't knock him out it will at least give him something to worry about behind his counter right hand, over your jab, thus allowing you to use your Jab. After Mayweather see he cant stop the jab with the right hand, he will depend more on his jab, and left hook. He will begin to lead more after you start countering his counters. This is where you can catch him, Maybe. Its very risky, playing the timing game, AKA Chess, with such a sharp counter puncher. This is why I said Mayweather is Impossible to beat from 135 to 147. My game plan is very risky and it will most likely get to ko'd or embarressed in front of millions, but what else can you do. There is no solid game plan for Money because he's never been beat!!

Comment

HAHAH get someone who knows mayweather stlye not just from watchin tapes. i think their camp should get an assistant coach or something. some guy in youtube if you search it "coach rick mayweather training" teaches the style. i bet he would be able to tell the weakpoints!! team khan! must read!!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                    One thing that was somewhat successfull was Oscars jab. The only Problem is that Mayweather usually takes it away with that right hand counter , or his check hook. A fighter is gonna have to learn how to counter his counter right hand. I would advise my fighter to Jab in singles and watch Mayweathers right hand and as soon as he throws his right hand fire yours. If this doesn't knock him out it will at least give him something to worry about behind his counter right hand, over your jab, thus allowing you to use your Jab. After Mayweather see he cant stop the jab with the right hand, he will depend more on his jab, and left hook. He will begin to lead more after you start countering his counters. This is where you can catch him, Maybe. Its very risky, playing the timing game, AKA Chess, with such a sharp counter puncher. This is why I said Mayweather is Impossible to beat from 135 to 147. My game plan is very risky and it will most likely get to ko'd or embarressed in front of millions, but what else can you do. There is no solid game plan for Money because he's never been beat!!
                    Problem is Oscar used to have an all time great jab. Even when he faced Floyd it was still very good. Khans jab is not that great and it isn't very strong. He virtually has no chance fighting inside or outside against Mayweather but I think he has a better chance of going in and being a bit wild. He isn't going to jab Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X