Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 Division champ is impossible to break how much more if pac become 8 division champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Division champ is impossible to break how much more if pac become 8 division champ

I think if pac become the 8th division champ then there is no way that someone will break that record anymore even they will build a fighter just to collect belts from a different division.

So haters u better rejoice for that u are very lucky to witness the greatness in your very own eyes that past and future generation boxing fans will never see again.

All hail the great pacman manny pacquiao.

yes, that record can be break to any one in the future but not for the moment. only one Pacman in the world who has the ability to hold that record.That even Floyd jr is putting his tail between legs.

Comment

It certainly isn't impossible when you have mediocre titlists. You think all of Pacquiao's titles were hard to get? Hell no. At least two or three of the 8 division titles are from tricycle drivers like Ledwaba and David Diaz, one was obtained from a fighter who got it by beating a tomato can and the JMW title is waiting in Pacquiao's backyard right now.

So it certainly isn't impossible. I can name quite a few divisions with tomato cans who own titles right now. And let's not forget that Pacquiao skipped a few divisions, so he could have been as high as 9 or 10 right now if he hadn't, and he could have reached 7 or 8 without even fighting at WW. So it's definitely not impossible. In fact, one of the big reasons Pacquiao did it is because he had such a short amateur career, and he turned pro while he was still developing, which allowed him to make the lower weight classes. Guys like Cotto and Floyd, who both fought at VERY low divisions as teenagers could have did that if they turned pro earlier. Don't get me wrong, he deserves a lot of credit for the accomplishment, but it certainly isn't impossible.
      Last edited by BoxerDood; 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        It certainly isn't impossible when you have mediocre titlists. You think all of Pacquiao's titles were hard to get? Hell no. At least two or three of the 8 division titles are from tricycle drivers like Ledwaba and David Diaz, one was obtained from a fighter who got it by beating a tomato can and the JMW title is waiting in Pacquiao's backyard right now.

So it certainly isn't impossible. I can name quite a few divisions with tomato cans who own titles right now. And let's not forget that Pacquiao skipped a few divisions, so he could have been as high as 9 or 10 right now if he hadn't, and he could have reached 7 or 8 without even fighting at WW. So it's definitely not impossible. In fact, one of the big reasons Pacquiao did it is because he had such a short amateur career, and he turned pro while he was still developing, which allowed him to make the lower weight classes. Guys like Cotto and Floyd, who both fought at VERY low divisions as teenagers could have did that if they turned pro earlier. Don't get me wrong, he deserves a lot of credit for the accomplishment, but it certainly isn't impossible.
        Ledbawba a taxi driver? He was a champ for 2 years and was the top fighter at that class when Manny fought him. T

he only soft champ I can see is Diaz but other than that, all of the rest were amongst the best in their respective divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          At least two or three of the 8 division titles are from tricycle drivers like Ledwaba and David Diaz
          I agree with you about Diaz but Ledwaba was a beast at the weight. The fight he had with Pac was supposed to be easy and was actually supposed to be one of HBO's roster of fighters if he won that fight.

Comment

If guys like Robinson or Armstrong fought in the same multi-title time period with all of these weight classes, I can see them doing just as many or more. Records are also made to be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter H. White View Post
              I agree with you about Diaz but Ledwaba was a beast at the weight. The fight he had with Pac was supposed to be easy and was actually supposed to be one of HBO's roster of fighters if he won that fight.
              Meh, I guess he was alright. I never liked him, but if he held a title for that long I guess he did something right.

Comment

i don't really put that much stock in this belt because it's vacant and margarito and pac have done nothing at 154 of note in order to win this belt.

I view the fight as just an fun/exciting stay busy fight

Comment

It's hard to get even 1 championship belt. How much more if that's 8th? I guess no one can win 9th division title. Also Pacquiao won 4 lineal titles and he won 4th championship in the original 8th weight class that no one ever done. Even Ray Robinson, Ali, Amstrong did not win 4th title in 4 different division in the original 8th weight class. I'm just saying.
                  Last edited by PacquiaoATG; 08-29-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Great achievement, although the catchweight kind of makes it not as big.

Pacquaios a great fighter period, it dont matter if hed only fought in 1 weightclass or 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X