No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    I watched Gravity this past weekend and didn't find it to be as great as it was said to be

I give it a it was aight movie
    What is your speaker set-up like? You gotta have the right theater system to appreciate a movie like Gravity.

The whole theme of the movie was to make you feel like you're in space, because that's what it's really like. Gravity is THE most authentic space movie ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      The plot to 'Venoms definitely moves slow, but I think the "mystery" and build up were great. Have you seen The Return of the Deadly Venoms (which isn't really a sequel)?
      I haven't seen it. Is it good?

Never saw any of the other movies with the Venom actors. I do have the dvd of Kid With The Golden Arm lying around my place somewhere, though, and I've been meaning to get to it.

Comment

• Just saw snowpiercer. I haven't seen a movie like that since I was a little kid.. that by the end of it I felt like I had gone on this long, timeless, dreamy journey.

It was kinda bad in the beginning. It was so corny, cheesy and weird that I almost walked out.. but what followed next was everything a movie should be. I believe that a movie should explore all ranges of emotions and settings and that's what this movie did. It's a style of cinematography that's been lost.

I give it a 8.5 because some of the american performances were cheesy, and some of the cinematics could have been better. The koreans really showed them up in this movie. If it had a bigger budget and a better cast it would have been much better.

I'm not going to say anything else because the less you know about it before you see it the better.

Comment

• I watched Outrage and Beyond Outrage the last couple of days. Good flicks about the yakuza.

Also rewatched Breathless last night. That's one of the most hardcore movies I've seen. It kinda remind me of Graveyard of Honor but more brutal.

I'm big into Asian movies, especially Korean.

Comment

Working...
          X