Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Tommy "The Duke" Morrison....AKA "Tommy Gunn"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He aight. If he was in his prime he could be at the top in this era. But if you didnt bring him up he would never cross my mind.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boogie Nights;8148965]
      Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      in a fights where brewster could outlast someone it was usually his chin that kept him through the end, with tommy he could beat anyone for sure, but unlike brewster, if he got tagged good he usually called it a night. but looking at his chin from another perspective, the fights that he lost by ko he was hit by some tremendous blows. it's not like he was going down from a grazing punch.
      He really did take some hellacious blows......I guess weather he was Ko'ing or being ko'd either was it was gonna be massive!

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        He aight. If he was in his prime he could be at the top in this era. But if you didnt bring him up he would never cross my mind.
        Yeah that was kinda my point....I mean at least for a Kat like me who is in love with the HW scene of the 80's early 90's (what I reffer to "The Iron Era") this kat just doesn't seem to come up with the elites of the day yet he was right up there....go figure.....

The duke himself said it had to do with race and the fact he was white....wonder if that is true.....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          Paulie: No, you listen okay? Rocky, Rocky, he's the real champion, you're just a goddamn joke.
          [Paulie pshes back Tommy and Tommy punches him back, Rocky comes back to console Paulie]
          Paulie: [to Rocky] Yous hould've left him on streets where you found him.
          Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Hey! You knock him down how 'bout tryin' knockin' *me* down.
          George W. Duke: No, no. In the ring. In the ring. Tommy only fights in the ring.
          Rocky Balboa: My ring's outside.

(somehow I just knew this thread would head this way hahahha)
          Duke: "Touch me and i'll sue...."

Rocky: (huge haymaker to the body)......"Sue me for what????"

Tommy: *eyes still glazed over on lyin on the hood of the limo*

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
            Duke: "Touch me and i'll sue...."

Rocky: (huge haymaker to the body)......"Sue me for what????"

Tommy: *eyes still glazed over on lyin on the hood of the limo*
            Hahaha......"touch me and ill sue" priceless!!!!

Comment

There should be another option: he was somewhere BETWEEN an average fighter and an elite HW.

He was a very hard puncher but didn't have good defensive skills.

He was a top heavyweight contender, but not an ATG nor an elite HW.
              Last edited by The Hammer; 04-21-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
                There should be another option: he was somewhere BETWEEN an average fighter and an elite HW.

He was a very hard puncher but didn't have good defensive skills.

He was a top heavyweight contender, but not an ATG nor an elite HW.
                Really you dont' see him as an elite HW of this time???? he was up there with the best of them IN HIS ERA....not all time but out of the HW of his era...I have no problem putting right up there.....

Comment

Working...
                X