No announcement yet.

Manny vs Trinidad 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerpug View Post
    If I'm reading it right and I like to think I am, you stated that Manny can't be hit, Tito has a soft chin, that he took Cotto's shots and smiled (as to imply that he'd do the same with Tito), and said that he hits from all angles and can't be seen. I stated that if that's the reason for beating Trinidad then I agree as long as you can swallow your pride and admit he'd do the same to JCC for the same reasons. I'm just making sure your not being biased.......I mean you did say Pac can't be hit.
    Well you did leave out the post I wrote where I said Manny was getting hit against Cotto because he was standing there allowing himself to be hit.

I have never seen Manny get hit like he did against Cotto. It was happening because Manny was on some crazy mental trip and decided he wanted to show the world that he could take Cotto's shots.

If you seen my post on this, I said I wouldn't pick anyone over Manny unless they were an ATG. Chavez was an ATG but even then I have to think Manny beats Chavez in a UD.

I also think Chavez has a better chance to KO Manny than anyone he has ever faced as well. People talk about Chavez like he was just ok but we need to remember that Chavez was a monster who fought the best of his time. He avoided no one and fought and destroyed every champion in his weight class with the exception of Pernell which I think is a great fighter as well.

So to answer you, I would say Manny by UD but Chavez could TKO him in the later rounds.

Comment

I say Pac outboxes him easily 8 rounds to 4. Tito was a great puncher but people forget how easy oscar made it look the first 6 rounds of their fight. Oscar then fought stupid and try to sit on a win, and that is why he loss.

Pac has faster hands than Oscar, better headmovement, and footspeed, so I can defiantly see pac constantly turning him and beating him to the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        Here we go...
        he would have to fight him like how he fought oscar de la hoya, moving/ in and out

he couldn't hope to toy with Trinidad by lieing on the ropes. Even if Manny did win he'd take some nasty damage.

then again, Oscar barely landed anything on him.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          I say Pac outboxes him easily 8 rounds to 4. Tito was a great puncher but people forget how easy oscar made it look the first 6 rounds of their fight. Oscar then fought stupid and try to sit on a win, and that is why he loss.

Pac has faster hands than Oscar, better headmovement, and footspeed, so I can defiantly see pac constantly turning him and beating him to the punch.
          Yea but that version of Tito that Oscar fought was really weight drain. He was starving himself for 2yrs just trying to make 147 so he could fight Oscar. in 1999 Tito should of been at 154.

Tito from 1992-1995 was absolute beast. That version of Tito at 147 beats Pac. Tito right hand is wicked. Straight rights work against southpaws. Also Tito was a good body puncher and was very very accurate. Tito jab was nice too. Tito was just the better WW than the 2 but Pac is the greater fighter. In a P4P sense yes Pac beats Tito but at WW a healthy Tito beats Pac.

Comment

question would be: who has the bigger smile during their ringwalk

those two fighters seem to get happy at the thought of beating ass

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              At 147, Tito from 1992-1995 beats Pac... Pac is the greater fighter. Tito is the better WW. Tito has a better chin, more power, and way better stamina than Cotto at 147.
              I'm gonna leave a note and say Cotto had a lot more skill than Tito though. tito would be made to look foolish, but his stamina was incredible, his power was good to.

Comment

manny > tito

tito was competative with oscar, manny schooled that ass

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                  manny > tito

tito was competative with oscar, manny schooled that ass

ye the 9 years of aging and the fact he could barley rehdrate back up to 147 by fight night with the help of IV injections mean nothing

Comment

Originally posted by JMM_135_#1 View Post
                    ye the 9 years of aging and the fact he could barley rehdrate back up to 147 by fight night with the help of IV injections mean nothing

manny beats any version of oscar. you betta believe that

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post

Wow, a person with some unbiased opinion. I see the same thing, I mean Manny's speed and foot movement is just incredible.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      he would have to fight him like how he fought oscar de la hoya, moving/ in and out

he couldn't hope to toy with Trinidad by lieing on the ropes. Even if Manny did win he'd take some nasty damage.

then again, Oscar barely landed anything on him.
                      That version of Oscar was done, finished.

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                      manny > tito

tito was competative with Oscar, manny schooled that ass
                      Again, Oscar had no business fighting Manny at that stage. He thought size and strength could be the difference but he was old and weight drained.

Comment

Working...
                      X