Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Verdejo Did Not Look Very Good, He Will Not Be Rushed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has failed to look good even before his accident. I think once he does step it up he will be exposed. Who knows when that is though.

Comment

Smart decision by Arum! Let the kid fight often, but make sure they're decent fighters to test him. How about Ray Beltran?

Comment

Mr. Arum... You say you don't have any idea of what is happening with this kid. Well... I have, and I will tell you right now. The kid was never good to begin with. He has been struggling with C level fighters since the beginning. He couldn't even handle a C level fighter, who was called in short notice just a month before the fight. I can just imagine what would have happened if this kid had a proper training camp with, at least, 8 weeks to train. He would have destroyed Verdejo.

I'm a born and raised Puerto Rican, and still leaving in the island, but I have to be realistic about this kid. He will never be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pozomuro View Post
          Mr. Arum... You say you don't have any idea of what is happening with this kid. Well... I have, and I will tell you right now. The kid was never good to begin with. He has been struggling with C level fighters since the beginning. He couldn't even handle a C level fighter, who was called in short notice just a month before the fight. I can just imagine what would have happened if this kid had a proper training camp with, at least, 8 weeks to train. He would have destroyed Verdejo.

I'm a born and raised Puerto Rican, and still leaving in the island, but I have to be realistic about this kid. He will never be great.
          Oh shaddap! I read the beginning of your post and thought you might have something interesting to say technically about the fighter. Turns out your just another big mouth dumping on a guy

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Smart decision by Arum! Let the kid fight often, but make sure they're decent fighters to test him. How about Ray Beltran?
            Ray Beltran would be bad for Verdejo right now.

Comment

well according to steve kim verdejo trains at his gym where he is the topdog, this kid needs to be sparring top flight fighters to get used to that level and improve, plus he needs another trainer, I don't know who the top trainers are in pr?

Comment

Verdejo has the Linares syndrome, talent and skills to spare, but lacking the physical strength to deal with the physically strong fighters of the division. If he's going to be giving away the strength advantage in all of all of his fights, his defense and stamina had to be elite or he's going to be taken advantage of.

He's either going to have to drop down a division or bide his time fighting overmatched opponents until he gets his man strength (and he can't move up a division while he does). Even when he is ready, he's going to have to be matched carefully against fighters that either can't punch, no punch resistance, and/or don't have the output to put pressure on him.

If Arum loses patience, he will toss him to the wolves to recoup his money before the kid loses to Rogers Mtagwa or another journeyman. Verdejo vs Lomachenko will probably be up next year then a PR showdown against Pedraza.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                  Verdejo has the Linares syndrome, talent and skills to spare, but lacking the physical strength to deal with the physically strong fighters of the division. If he's going to be giving away the strength advantage in all of all of his fights, his defense and stamina had to be elite or he's going to be taken advantage of.

He's either going to have to drop down a division or bide his time fighting overmatched opponents until he gets his man strength (and he can't move up a division while he does). Even when he is ready, he's going to have to be matched carefully against fighters that either can't punch, no punch resistance, and/or don't have the output to put pressure on him.

If Arum loses patience, he will toss him to the wolves to recoup his money before the kid loses to Rogers Mtagwa or another journeyman. Verdejo vs Lomachenko will probably be up next year then a PR showdown against Pedraza.

Well said.

Comment

Puerto Rican trainer's suck. I have seen a lot of their prospects go down the drain because they were pitted with boxers they were not ready for..Verdejo on the other hand has reached his ceiling with this guy, he has to leave and find a trainer in the states..Shields would be good for his style..if not he..welp, y'all know

Comment

If you can't look good with Top Rank matchmaking maybe you aren't that good....??

Comment

Working...
                      X