Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    I honestly thought it was a well written response. Not the usual shallow hate stuff, but a reasoned response that not only offered critique, but offered substanative solutions on how to make things better.
    Trust me, I believe you did. Not surprised at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Trust me, I believe you did. Not surprised at all.
      Yeah, I know. The nerve of me to have a different opinion about something......

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Yeah, I know. The nerve of me to have a different opinion about something......
        Not sure nerve is the word I would use but hey.

Comment

• WBA said Jacobs side also wants an interim bout before GGG lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            If that's what it takes to get the fight done then get it done. The fight is worth $5 mil maybe $7 mil at the most. Jacobs would get $2 mil on a $5 mil purse bid and GGG would get $3 mil. If the bid is $7 mil Jacobs would get $2.8 mil and Golovkin would get 4.2 mil. Let's even say PBC bids something outrageous like $10 mil. Jacob would get $4 mil and GGG would get $6 mil. If it takes a 60-40 split to get the fight done then change the split and let the market decide the value of the fight. This is gonna be a good payday for both fighters.
            Lol with what money?

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              honestly i'm not a huge jacobs fan but you don't usually have 2 big fights back to back: mora and then golovkin.
              You should be banned for this post

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                You should be banned for this post
                He's being sarcastic lol

I don't understand what's the WBA's purpose in postponing a purse bid. Maybe they anticipate that someone will drop their belt if it does go to purse bid?

Comment

• Jacobs is a good kid and he's the WBA Champion, I'm sure GGG won't have any problem with a 60 - 40 purse bid

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    He's being sarcastic lol

I don't understand what's the WBA's purpose in postponing a purse bid. Maybe they anticipate that someone will drop their belt if it does go to purse bid?
                    It's not really a postponement. They're keeping it at the original date which was only 6 days away. Loeffler even said they were still negotiating. I have a feeling they're going to raise the split so they want a deal to save backlash from doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      It's not really a postponement. They're keeping it at the original date which was only 6 days away. Loeffler even said they were still negotiating. I have a feeling they're going to raise the split so they want a deal to save backlash from doing it.
                      Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully Team Jacobs will drop the "interim fight" stuff once they get the purse split changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X