Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nowadays i think the biggest enemy of christianity is..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I have asked you to define spirituality and you have yet to.
    There is no 'one' definition of spirituality. The closest I'd say I've got to experiencing it was sitting on a river bank one evening, and experiencing an overwhelming feeling of peace. It felt perfect. I always think of spirituality as just understanding there's a deeper meaning/value to that which we enjoy. Sex should be spiritual, eating food should be spiritual, listening to your favourite music should be spiritual. I know when I've gone for a run & come back home, just looking at a glass of cold water is spiritual to me. lol

Comment

"We" as in human beings on planet earth. Yes you are part of that roster and no you can't prove anything. That's kind of my point....

Reading your posts is like listening to Deepak Chopra, he's nothing but a con artists who speaks nonsense. I'm not saying you are a con artists, but belief should come from things you know.
      Deepak seems alright. I dont really know him, but he doesnt seem like a con artist.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
        There is no 'one' definition of spirituality. The closest I'd say I've got to experiencing it was sitting on a river bank one evening, and experiencing an overwhelming feeling of peace. It felt perfect. I always think of spirituality as just understanding there's a deeper meaning/value to that which we enjoy. Sex should be spiritual, eating food should be spiritual, listening to your favourite music should be spiritual. I know when I've gone for a run & come back home, just looking at a glass of cold water is spiritual to me. lol
        So spiritual doesn't mean something supernatural to you. Well if you want to substitute the word "spiritual" for delicious, awe inspiring, introspective, emotional, loving, etc....then that's fine. Let's just not act like it's something that comes from another world.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Deepak seems alright. I dont really know him, but he doesnt seem like a con artist.
        No he's a con artist. He misuses physics to mislead people who aren't educated in those things. He's been called out on it many times by REAL physicists and he makes a TON of money selling his BS. IMO he's on the same level as those psychics who act like they talk to dead people and prey on the emotions of vulnerable people.

Comment

So spiritual doesn't mean something supernatural to you. Well if you want to substitute the word "spiritual" for delicious, awe inspiring, introspective, emotional, loving, etc....then that's fine. Let's just not act like it's something that comes from another world.
          No, I don't think of spiritual as 'supernatural'. But like I said, there is no 'one' definition of spirituality. Believing in 'karma' is part of spirituality, for example. But there is absolutely no evidence that karma exists. People just believe in it because it makes them feel good.

Comment

No, I don't think of spiritual as 'supernatural'. But like I said, there is no 'one' definition of spirituality. Believing in 'karma' is part of spirituality, for example. But there is absolutely no evidence that karma exists. People just believe in it because it makes them feel good.
            I get that, but you are in the minority of your definition of spirituality. It mostly is a description of some sort of other worldly intervention or beings.

Comment

Karma is most definitely real.

Everything rebounds, everything echoes. Everything is connected.

When was the last time you did something bad that didn't bite you in the ass? When was the last time you did something good that didn't grow into something better?

Comment

I get that, but you are in the minority of your definition of spirituality. It mostly is a description of some sort of other worldly intervention or beings.
                I'm an atheist, and amongst atheists, that's pretty much the accepted definition.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                  Karma is most definitely real.
                  Prove it.

Everything rebounds, everything echoes. Everything is connected.
                  Woo woo.

When was the last time you did something bad that didn't bite you in the ass? When was the last time you did something good that didn't grow into something better?
                  There are murder cases that are never solved. The murderer remains at large, free to live his/her life. So much for your BS karma.

Comment

Working...
                  X