Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    I have a PHD in kicking a-s-s

Comment

BSS in Econ. Currently in grad for the Masters.

Highly doubt I'll go for a PhD

Comment

BA in Sociology/Criminology and currently studying a MSc in Human Resource Management at a redbrick uni. Will not be doing a PhD, in one semester of my MSc I have done more so far than I had done in 1 year of my degree. Just want to finish this MSc and get a job. Have had the best times of my life in education but getting kind of burnt out at this point and just want to have a little break once I finish my MSc and get on the job hunt basically. I'm only 22 so have got a lot of time but I want to get some good experience through internships and slowly learn software like SAP potentially if it enhances my career opportunities.

I would not go for a PhD personally UNLESS it was sponsored and 100% led to a good job...and honestly even then I would not do it, that's how burnt out I am atm. Didn't even get a proper xmas break, spent the whole holiday doing assignments/revising.

Comment

Have opted to pursue PhD from 9/13.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
            I always wear a condom.
            Smart man lol

Comment

I have an Associates, Bachelors and working on my Masters. I dont think Im going to go for the Phd though...

Comment

No, and I don't ever plan on getting one. I don't really need one for the field that I want to be in.

I'm going to get my B.S in accounting and finance in a semester, and I'll probably go for my MBA about three or so years after getting my CPA.

Nevertheless, I'd really like to teach university students some day. The classes that I'd like to teach don't require a PhD either, so I'm set.

Comment

I have a B.A. Hons in Journalism and I've gotta admit...it doesn't make any difference IMO.

All it means is I spent 3 years getting drunk and partying in another city. No complaints though :-D

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    BA in Sociology/Criminology and currently studying a MSc in Human Resource Management at a redbrick uni. Will not be doing a PhD, in one semester of my MSc I have done more so far than I had done in 1 year of my degree. Just want to finish this MSc and get a job. Have had the best times of my life in education but getting kind of burnt out at this point and just want to have a little break once I finish my MSc and get on the job hunt basically. I'm only 22 so have got a lot of time but I want to get some good experience through internships and slowly learn software like SAP potentially if it enhances my career opportunities.

I would not go for a PhD personally UNLESS it was sponsored and 100% led to a good job...and honestly even then I would not do it, that's how burnt out I am atm. Didn't even get a proper xmas break, spent the whole holiday doing assignments/revising.
                    I feel you bro Im burnt also. But dam your young good job.

Comment

I have a BA in Sociology and I'm planning to get my MPA (Masters in Public Administration). Honestly, a degree is what you make it. Sure degree's open doors for you but it's up to you to step through those doors. It really depends on what you want to do. I know quite a few people who get PHD's want to teach or write books. If you want to get a PHD or another advanced degree, go for it. Just keep in mind that a degree doesn't guarantee you anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X