Not great?

Those are hall of fame numbers...
    phil rizzuto is a hofer.

again, very good numbers. not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      phil rizzuto is a hofer.

again, very good numbers. not great.
      Lets cut the funky math and tell the whole story.

Barry Bonds was universally known as a great player before he ever got on roids.

Multiple MVPs, multiple gold gloves and garanteed first ballot hall of famer, before he got on roids.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Lets cut the funky math and tell the whole story.

Barry Bonds was universally known as a great player before he ever got on roids.

Multiple MVPs, multiple gold gloves and garanteed first ballot hall of famer, before he got on roids.
        i edited the post you quoted to put the numbers in perspective.

prior to the roids
        -
        he won 2 mvps in pitts
        banks, schmidt, pujols, murphy, morgan, cabrera, thomas, maris, mantle, berra won back to back mvps. maybe more done it. many multiple mvp winners.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJB_7hVpRs

A Tribute to the Steroid Era - Greatest Era in MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJB_7hVpRs

A Tribute to the Steroid Era - Greatest Era in MLB.
            definitely the most popular and profitable.

Comment

i edited the post you quoted to put the numbers in perspective.

prior to the roids
              -
              he won 2 mvps in pitts
              banks, schmidt, pujols, murphy, morgan, cabrera, thomas, maris, mantle, berra won back to back mvps. maybe more done it. many multiple mvp winners.
              You are telling me he was on roids in 93 when he won his first MVP with the Giants?

Thats 3 MVPs before he was on roids.

And by the way, many of the guys you just posted were ALL TIME GREAT players werent they?

Cabrera, Maris, Mantle, Berra, Pujols... Those are first ballot dudes.

By the way, i called your math funky because baseball players first few seasons will never be their best as they are often in and out of lineups so taking those years and going times whatever is not the right way to add up stats.
              Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 06-18-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                You are telling me he was on roids in 93 when he won his first MVP with the Giants?

That 3 MVPs before he was on roids.

And by the way, many of the guys you just posted were ALL TIME GREAT players werent they?

Cabrera, Maris, Mantle, Berra... Those are first ballot dudes.

By the way, i called your math funky because baseball players first few seasons will never be their best as they are often in and out of lineups so taking those years and going times whatever is not the right way to add up stats.
                they were avgs. he would have hit more than 25 hrs in some season, for example. and certainly his final yrs wouldnt have been great.

in 10 yrs, barrys numbers moves down the ATG list even further. 550 hrs will be eclipsed by so many players...and hrs are his biggest claim to fame.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  He was a great ball layer but his legacy is tainted by steroids. I think he, McGwire and Sosa should all have asterisks next to their names. Marris is still the true single-season homerun king and Aaron is still the career homerun king.

I actually think Ken Griffey Jr. is the best baseball player of that era. Too bad he was plagued with injuries.
                  The steroids era also made MLB realized its problems. They now have the harshest punishments out of all the professional sports league for players caught using. Half a season suspension (81 games) for first time caught, 1 whole year suspension (162 games) for 2nd time caught, and a lifetime ban for being caught the 3rd time.

Anyways, back on topic, but I do believe Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire, Clemens, should all be in the HOF. Just put an asterisk next to the record. Like it or not, they are part of baseball history. Even though the steroids era isn't looked at fondly now, it did help with bringing back fans that were angry with the 1995 strike that cancelled a world series.

Comment

they were avgs. he would have hit more than 25 hrs in some season, for example. and certainly his final yrs wouldnt have been great.

in 10 yrs, barrys numbers moves down the ATG list even further. 550 hrs will be eclipsed by so many players...and hrs are his biggest claim to fame.
                    Um, because they arent his real numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                      The steroids era also made MLB realized its problems. They now have the harshest punishments out of all the professional sports league for players caught using. Half a season suspension (81 games) for first time caught, 1 whole year suspension (162 games) for 2nd time caught, and a lifetime ban for being caught the 3rd time.

Anyways, back on topic, but I do believe Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire, Clemens, should all be in the HOF. Just put an asterisk next to the record. Like it or not, they are part of baseball history. Even though the steroids era isn't looked at fondly now, it did help with bringing back fans that were angry with the 1995 strike that cancelled a world series.
                      The craziest thing is that the Expos would have won that year.

Comment

Working...
                      X