Collapse
No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I didn’t think it was a knockdown at all, he just launched forward and completely missed and took himself over. Watched the replays and couldn’t see anything from wilder which suggested a connection. (Referring to round2)

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      To be honest I didn’t think it was a knockdown at all, he just launched forward and completely missed and took himself over. Watched the replays and couldn’t see anything from wilder which suggested a connection. (Referring to round2)
      Was a perfectly timed jab:

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        A lot of us on press row gave Wilder round two. But it's possible we were influenced by the knockdown. Which you can debate whether we should ignore a clear knockdown if the ref misses it. I scored it 10-9 Wilder, but a reporter to the left of me scored that round 10-8 Wilder due to the knockdown being so clear from our vantage point.
        What knockdown would that be? Pretty sure HBO showed the replay and Ortiz threw a punch and slipped. Wilder didn't land anything if I remember correctly. And if the ref calls it no knockdown and the dummy next to you scored it 10-8 He's ******ed. Did he also score the big Ortiz round 10-8 Even though Wilder didn't go down?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          What knockdown would that be?

Did he also score the big Ortiz round 10-8 Even though Wilder didn't go down?
          Yes we all scored that round 10-8 for Ortiz. I think that was pretty universal. All the judges had it 10-8 and everybody I spoke to had it 10-8. I think unofficial SHO judge had it 10-8 as well?

Comment

Wilder looked like fucking garbage last night

Comment

Boxing fans do the most lol

Bomber and Ortiz put on a classic HW drama show but you wanna talk about scores that didn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                First of, this is not to discredit Wilder, who put in the work and pulled off a terrific win, although I think he showed just how open he is and how poor his defence is.

THIS is a thread about the fact that the judges had Wilder a round or 2 up going into the 10th round. If Wilder never got the stoppage, they were planning on robbing Ortiz on the cards...I mean WTF!!!!

This is the yet another big fight in the US with judges being bought out. I can't think of a single high profile bout in recent times where this hasnt happened (GGG/Canelo, Kov/Ward all come to mind). This **** is getting out of hand.

Ban the sport in the US if it continues.
                I made a thread about the same subject shortly after the fight ended. Like you, I give all credit to Wilder, but I also thought it was another example of all-too-common boxing corruption. If one judge had it for Wilder, I would chalk it up to a dissenting opinion. But all three? Nah, man. Looks to me like this fight was for Deontay before the opening bell rang.

Comment

That's the politics of boxing. Wilder vs Joshua is a huge fight and Ortiz wasn't going to upset that. The fix was in but we've seen this before. Jacobs said the same thing when he was robbed against Golovkin and no one batted an eye. In both cases the fight was close enough to justify the BS. Let's be happy the stoppage took away the robbery perception.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Wow. Never even saw that, and don't think SHO showed a replay, though I could be wrong. I thought Ortiz threw a shot, and was off balance.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      Wow. Never even saw that, and don't think SHO showed a replay, though I could be wrong. I thought Ortiz threw a shot, and was off balance.
                      It's just the angle. When you watch it properly wilder never really catches him, ref made the right call on this one

Comment

Working...
                      X