Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Capacity Crowd Saturday Validates Spence as Rare American Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
    They sold out the Dallas Cowboys locker room whoopadee. Maybe Spence will wear one of the lineman's jock straps on his head when he makes his way to the ring.
    What a jizz bag you are...

Comment

Spence will knock out Ocampo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Drawing 15k fans is pretty good. Puts him in line with Crawford, Valdez, Ramirez and some other decent local draws. Guys like this should fight twice a year in their hometown until they "cross over" and can fill Vegas or NYC regularly.

Hopefully, guys like Crawford, Spence and Ramirez get top tier fights in their hometowns and then can transition to Vegas. Would love to see Spence/(porter v Garcia winner) in a big Texas arena.

Would love it if Tank can get the Maryland MGM popping regularly.
        MGM is small. Like 4K seats. he would easily sell it out. Him vs Russell would hopefully be at the Verizon center

Comment

I don't want to see Tank/Russell right now. I'd rather see my boy Leo Santa Cruz fight Russell. But that fight should be in Southern Cali or Vegas.i'd

I want to see Tank get it on with Berchelt and the other top LW's.

Maybe in 2 fights Tank/Russell could be done but I don't think russell beats Santa Cruz.
          The venue would be the toughest thing to make LSC-Russell IMO. Mr. Gary Russell wouldn't come to LA. I think he'd push for Barclays and I'm not sure LSC would be into that given that he was saying he got robbed against Frampton there and then brought him to Vegas promised a 3rd fight (if he won) and then went another direction.

Hope I'm wrong. I think it's likely happen but not this year unfortunately. I just hope Russell isn't serious about 130 already. LSC-GRJ is one of the 5 or 6 most interesting matches in Boxing.

Comment

Good for Spence that he sold so many tickets against an unknown. He was also part of a good promotion in England and did well at Barclays. I'd like to see him (and Crawford) come to LA and see if they can make a splash here. Sure, it's more of a Mexican crowd but it's also the town with the biggest Boxing fan base in the country and both guys have styles that anyone would enjoy.

Comment

Good to see.

I think boxing promoters have been missing the boat on growing the sport, by not building boxers up in their home cities.

Not everything has to be in Vegas, NYC, or LA. Spread it out a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                MGM is small. Like 4K seats. he would easily sell it out. Him vs Russell would hopefully be at the Verizon center
                I thought it had more and they just configured it for fewer seats. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                The venue would be the toughest thing to make LSC-Russell IMO. Mr. Gary Russell wouldn't come to LA. I think he'd push for Barclays and I'm not sure LSC would be into that given that he was saying he got robbed against Frampton there and then brought him to Vegas promised a 3rd fight (if he won) and then went another direction.

Hope I'm wrong. I think it's likely happen but not this year unfortunately. I just hope Russell isn't serious about 130 already. LSC-GRJ is one of the 5 or 6 most interesting matches in Boxing.
                Well Barclays has been the hub for the biggest Haymon affiliated fighters on the East Coast so Barclays would be OK but I think the LA or Vegas crowd would be hotter, bigger and make for a better TV experience.

I think you need to look at the landscape currently. Haymon and his promoters are making great fights, the fights we want. Suggests they will make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  If Tank and GRJ can't get it on, then I want Tank vs. Tevin Farmer (if he beats Dib)! They have some beef, and that's B-More vs. Philly beef too! That should be tasty!
                  I think that might be next. Get that out of the way and take on the top guys.

Comment

I think that might be next. Get that out of the way and take on the top guys.
                    "Get that out of the way.." You think that's an easy victory for Tank? I ain't too sure about that!

Comment

I thought it had more and they just configured it for fewer seats. Thanks for the info.

Well Barclays has been the hub for the biggest Haymon affiliated fighters on the East Coast so Barclays would be OK but I think the LA or Vegas crowd would be hotter, bigger and make for a better TV experience.

I think you need to look at the landscape currently. Haymon and his promoters are making great fights, the fights we want. Suggests they will make this fight.
                      Yea the mgm here is a theater so there’s only 3 sides of seating. I went for the Diaz fight it was still a good atmosphere

Comment

Working...
                      X