Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Horn's Trainer: Definitely a Premature Stoppage - Pac Hit Harder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    That's the first I've seen of the fight and it definitely looks premature.

You don't think that was a premature stoppage?
    If you wanted Horn dead or in a coma then yes it's premature.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      Horn was getting cooked. Byrd knew that he was out of his league. He should be grateful he was sparing his brain cells.
      Since when is a professional championship fight stopped because a fighter is “out of his league”? I agree that Jeff lost every round and wasn’t likely to land a KO punch, but he was still with it when the ref stepped in. I repeat what I said earlier, Byrd appeared a little too eager to stop the fight. It’s not something I often notice, but the ref seemed to me a little partial to Crawford. Not that it would’ve made a difference. Terrance is far superior to Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Since when is a professional championship fight stopped because a fighter is “out of his league”? I agree that Jeff lost every round and wasn’t likely to land a KO punch, but he was still with it when the ref stepped in. I repeat what I said earlier, Byrd appeared a little too eager to stop the fight. It’s not something I often notice, but the ref seemed to me a little partial to Crawford. Not that it would’ve made a difference. Terrance is far superior to Horn.
        Byrd doesn't like seeing beatings. He stopped the Mcgregor fight the same way when Floyd was just about to start ****ing him up.

Comment

Looks to me like Horn quit. Horn stumbled backwards into a fetal position on the ropes. Mr aggression never back up, I'm so strong, wilted. He was covering up, not thinking about aggressing, he wanted out.

Comment

He was getting whooped on the whole time. It was a non-competitive sweep and turning into a savage beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              It was a championship fight that wsan't competitive at any time and was turning into a savage beating. Ref absolutely has the right to protect someone that can't adequately defend themselves.

Comment

I have no problem with it, Robert Byrd had a better look and heard the thuds of the punches better than us who were viewing the contest via stream ; Horn was getting hit too clean by the time of the stoppage : in round eight I remember Crawford landing a wicked body-head combo at the end leading into the ninth -- its clear Horn was losing his balance and even getting bullied by the skinny, smaller man, that's a bad sign.

You have to give it a watch. Crawford was lighting Jeff up and Horn had no response ; it was only going to get worse -- I don't even think Jeep Horn has one-punch KO power to change the fight.
                Last edited by 1hourRun; 06-10-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  Byrd doesn't like seeing beatings. He stopped the Mcgregor fight the same way when Floyd was just about to start ****ing him up.
                  That’s right, now that you mention it. Forgot all about it. Byrd had the same vibe going in that fight.

Horn stood very little chance in his bout with Crawford. His best course was to make it a brawl, and Byrd showed early on he wasn’t going to allow it. Then he eagerly stepped in and stopped the fight. The right man won, and would’ve won anyway — and perhaps Jeff was saved some damage — but that’s not the point. Fights are supposed to be officiated a certain way.

Pardon me if I’m being cynical here, but I don’t think the ref stopped the fight out of concern for Horn’s safety.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    I have no problem with it, Robert Byrd had a better look and heard the thuds of the punches better than us who where viewing the contest via stream ; Horn was getting hit too clean by the time of the stoppage : in round eight I remember Crawford landing a wicked body-head combo at the end leading into the ninth -- its clear hes was losing his balance and even getting bullied by the skinny, smaller man, that's a bad sign.

You have to give it a watch. Crawford was lighting Jeff up and Horn had no response ; it was only going to get worse -- I don't even think Jeep Horn has one-punch KO power to change the fight.
                    Got it, yea I'll for sure give it a watch.

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                    He was getting whooped on the whole time. It was a non-competitive sweep and turning into a savage beat down.
                    Thanks.

Comment

It was a good stoppage. Horn was not returning fire and would have been badly hurt. He did not win even 1 minute of any round and had no chance of surviving, let alone winning when the fight was stopped. But he did have a very big chance of being brain damaged if the ref would have let Bud continue tee off on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X