Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte vs. Joseph Parker is Finalized For July 28 in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Hearns ego could not take it hehe!
    It's one of the most blatant ducks in a very long time.

Comment

• Not sure why people are complaining. Fighting Ortiz gets him the second mandatory at best. Beating Pulev gets him IBF mandatory but Parker is the former WBO champion who lost his belt to Joshua. Kudos for him stepping right back in with Whyte who is already a top contender in 2 bodies. This fight will put the winner in a great position possibly (WBO final eliminator ?) Povetkin is likely Joshua’s next opponent & that opens the door for the winner as Sasha is both the WBO & WBA mandatory. This fight will earn Whyte a lot more money than a Pulev or Ortiz fight. Parker is well known in the UK now having fought Hughie & Joshua in title fights. This is a solid fight in my opinion & makes more financial sense than the other 2 eliminators. I would be surprised if this isn’t considered an WBO eliminator & possible more than one body sanctioning it as one. I was ok with him fighting Ortiz or Pulev but this is a pretty big fight in the HW division. There is no denying that...
      Last edited by joe strong; 06-07-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Not sure why people are complaining. Fighting Ortiz gets him the second mandatory at best. Beating Pulev gets him IBF mandatory but Parker is the former WBO champion who lost his belt to Joshua. Kudos for him stepping right back in with Whyte who is already a top contender in 2 bodies. This fight will put the winner in a great position possibly (WBO final eliminator ?) Povetkin is likely Joshua’s next opponent & that opens the door for the winner ad Sasha is both the WBO & WBA mandatory. This fight will earn Whyte a lot more money than a Pulev or Ortiz fight. Parker is well known in the UK now having fought Hughie & Joshua in title fights. This is a solid fight in my opinion & makes more financial sense than the other 2 eliminators. I would be surprised if this isn’t considered an WBO eliminator & possible more than one body sanctioning it as one.
        Agree, this is how it should be done, huge fight in March, few weeks off and then right back into camp for another huge fight in July, old school.
        Who you got in this fight?

Comment

Not sure why people are complaining. Fighting Ortiz gets him the second mandatory at best. Beating Pulev gets him IBF mandatory but Parker is the former WBO champion who lost his belt to Joshua. Kudos for him stepping right back in with Whyte who is already a top contender in 2 bodies. This fight will put the winner in a great position possibly (WBO final eliminator ?) Povetkin is likely Joshua’s next opponent & that opens the door for the winner as Sasha is both the WBO & WBA mandatory. This fight will earn Whyte a lot more money than a Pulev or Ortiz fight. Parker is well known in the UK now having fought Hughie & Joshua in title fights. This is a solid fight in my opinion & makes more financial sense than the other 2 eliminators. I would be surprised if this isn’t considered an WBO eliminator & possible more than one body sanctioning it as one. I was ok with him fighting Ortiz or Pulev but this is a pretty big fight in the HW division. There is no denying that...
          Yeah people would always complain about anything. it is a great fight, two younger fighters getting on for a chance to get better ranking. Am sure the winner would have a right to challenge for one of those belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
            Im still pizzed at parker for that s**t show he brought vs Joshua

Fought like a complete mincer .

Whyte beats parker ..... got bigger spuds and isn't gun shy
            Totally agree.

And love the use of the term mincer. I was in a bar in NZ with a bunch of Kiwi bikers who were screaming at Parker to do something. He just survived and back pedalled the whole fight, didn't take a single damn chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              You're right.

Whyte was scared to death of the mighty Ortiz
              Whyte isn’t scared I never think elite boxers are scared

Whyte has proven he’ll fight anyone

But Hearns probably a little salty his grand plan of using Whyte as a pawn against Wilder to prevent a AJ fight didn’t materialize and the fact the WBC basically Told him to suck a D.ick Whyte has to fight Ortiz if he wants a opportunity and the fact Ortiz is a highly skilled lefty that could easily kill the Whyte hype for less $ then what a Parker fight would generate

Made Hearn try and make the Pulev and Parker fights instead of Ortiz

Comment

• Kownacki vs Ortiz , get a shot of Willder?

Comment

Not sure why people are complaining. Fighting Ortiz gets him the second mandatory at best. Beating Pulev gets him IBF mandatory but Parker is the former WBO champion who lost his belt to Joshua. Kudos for him stepping right back in with Whyte who is already a top contender in 2 bodies. This fight will put the winner in a great position possibly (WBO final eliminator ?) Povetkin is likely Joshua’s next opponent & that opens the door for the winner as Sasha is both the WBO & WBA mandatory. This fight will earn Whyte a lot more money than a Pulev or Ortiz fight. Parker is well known in the UK now having fought Hughie & Joshua in title fights. This is a solid fight in my opinion & makes more financial sense than the other 2 eliminators. I would be surprised if this isn’t considered an WBO eliminator & possible more than one body sanctioning it as one. I was ok with him fighting Ortiz or Pulev but this is a pretty big fight in the HW division. There is no denying that...
                  Thats a bunch of balony right there. Explain why Hearn took the Pulev fight to purse offer and then bitcjing out when he lost the bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Thats a bunch of balony right there. Explain why Hearn took the Pulev fight to purse offer and then bitcjing out when he lost the bid.
                    Parker is better than Pulev, so what's the problem?

Comment

• Whyte beats Parker by UD in my opinion.

However, it doesn't take him any closer to a title fight in terms of rankings/mandatory which he has been banging on about for years and his main reason he didn't take the Chisora rematch.

Thinking about it, maybe Hearn will try and use this fight to justify putting him in front of Wilder in the queue for AJ. They fight Povetkin in September, then use the excuse of Wilder being unreasonable/not coming to terms so can't make the fight and instead chuck Dillian in.

He can then take big, big profits from a huge in house PPV rematch before throwing the dice and risking it all with Wilder.

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X