No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua And Dentray Wilder Are Both Slow, Sloppy Bums

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    True, same argument is used to say SRR and Ali wouldn't be as great in this era as they were in theirs. Like you said, all conjecture. If anything, they were miles better when you consider how advanced nutrition, diet, equipment and technology is today compared to the dusty, simple gyms of yesteryear.
    That's why everybody should be judged in their own era. Ali's greatness isn't diminished just because AJ or Wilder would knock him out in devastating fashion. What should be compared is how Ali stood next to his peers vs. how AJ or Wilder stand next to their peers.

What makes Ali the greatest isn't that he'd be the best in any era, it's that his best was so much better than the rest in his era.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      humans evolve at a very high speed. AJ & wilder are the best in the world in 2018.

the best in 2018 would kill the best from 1968 or 1988.
      There is no way to prove that one way or the other since the best of 1968 or 1988 can't fight today's best. I don't think the athletes of today are any better than athletes of the past. Humans are still the same, no better and no worse. Today's athletes have perhaps a slight advantage with better training methods, nutrition and peds. I really don't see any boxers today who are better pfp than SRR, Hearns,Napoles,Ali, Leonard, Duran, Armstrong,Liston, Dempsey, Louis, Marciano and many other great fighters of the past. The best of today's boxers might be just as good but I doubt they are better. Wilder and AJ hit very hard but they have lots of flaws and I think some great heavyweights of the past would beat them.

Comment

That's why everybody should be judged in their own era. Ali's greatness isn't diminished just because AJ or Wilder would knock him out in devastating fashion. What should be compared is how Ali stood next to his peers vs. how AJ or Wilder stand next to their peers.

What makes Ali the greatest isn't that he'd be the best in any era, it's that his best was so much better than the rest in his era.
        You say AJ or Wilder would KO Ali in devastating fashion but you don't know that. That is just your opinion. Many who have seen most of the fights of Ali, AJ and Wilder think the prime Ali would beat both of them. I can't imagine the prime Ali having such a hard time beating Molina or the last guy AJ fought.

Comment

You had me until you said Tyson Fury. He is the one of the worst champions the division has ever had.

Comment

Easy

Lennox Lewis said it the best , none of these HWs today are complete especially the too 3 or 4 are still learning with every fight . LL had 300 amateur fights , 2 time Olympian before going pro !!! It's all about money today anyway , people don't give a **** about the skill/science that's takes at least a decade to perfect . People want blood and KOs .. I enjoyed BJS fight so much cause it was like watching 80s/90s era .. BJS did it all on offense and defense , made DL look like a tough man fighter . It was embarrassment the difference in skill so I asked is boxing this bad when I see a performance l was that excited . We lowered the bar so low cause BS entertainment !!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You say AJ or Wilder would KO Ali in devastating fashion but you don't know that. That is just your opinion.
              Correct. It is our opinion. An opinion based on the evolution of human speed, strength and size and an opinion based on the radical innovations in nutrition, training, recovery, PEDS, etc.

Many who have seen most of the fights of Ali, AJ and Wilder think the prime Ali would beat both of them.
              That is fantasy among fans. The cold hard reality is that Ali would be destroyed by AJ or Wilder. Too big. Too strong. Too powerful.

Comment

It's not just biology my friend. Training, nutrition, recovery techniques, designer drugs, understanding of the human body have all evolved as well an incredible amount since Ali first won the title.

Not every athlete or human being is more advanced, but the absolute best that the Earth has to offer in 2018 would dominate the absolute best the Earth had to offer in 1968.
                Keep dreaming, boy. There's a lot of variables and components to take into account here and nothing you mentioned outright proves anything.

My whole point to this thread is that the absolute best of this era today SUCK and thus even with all their advancements in training, nutrition and whatnot, they wouldn't be able to compete with (most of) the greats of the past.

Comment

Tyson Fury would give Anthony Joshua a soul destroying boxing lesson, which would make Saunders-Lemieux look competitive in comparison. Fury vs. Deontay Wilder is a real dangerous fight for Tyson though. The unpredictability of Wilder gives him a shot against anyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X