Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight should cotto win to be considered an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Dude if you gotta ask that question, then you havent followed cotto much

3 division champ

wins over prime pauli, clottey, zab, near prime shane, corley, torres, pinto, maussa,

His whole career from 03-present he has basically fought the best available competition and beat numerous prime undefeated fighters,,, He is clearly a HOFer, I dont even think its debatable,, ATG no he is not, as he was 1-3 in his four biggest fights
    All those wins suck except Shane, Clottey, and Paulie. And he barely won them. Good wins but not HOF material. Also all the belts he won were vacated, blehhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Death's Head View Post
      All those wins suck except Shane, Clottey, and Paulie. And he barely won them. Good wins but not HOF material. Also all the belts he won were vacated, blehhhh

He didnt barely beat pauli,, pauli put up a good fight but cotto was in charge that night,,, same thing for the shane fight... CLottey was very close and could have been a loss but the early kd for cotto gave him the fight...

Yes alot of vacant title fights, and no huge career defining win, but i think thats what costs him ATG status...
      If you look at his resume, he fought alot of guys in peak form and alot of undefeated fighters

Had he won the margs fight, and been more competitive vs manny, it would have helped his cause, but for right now i think he is a HOFer, lower level HOFer, but is one at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
        You're talking about a fighter who's entire resume is tainted by scandal, his best win(Cotto) is questionable--and has gone on to lose every major fight since then including a rematch with said fighter. I'll take Gatti over Tony without question. Your posts are a riot, thnx for a good laugh as always.
        So is Mosley's career for cheating and yet he's a sure in the HOF. I know you hate him and he broke your heart but think without emotions son.

Comment

No way is Cotto in GGG class.... Cotto has been reduced to a B fighter. He should retire.

Comment

Cotto has never been good enough to be ant ATG and he's absolutely nowhere either.

Comment

Working...
            X