Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pettis vs. Melendez for next TUF but what happened to Pettis vs. Aldo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    Update: Sleeper pick to become new LW champ is Michael Johnson.

I don't care what anyone says.
    What a dumb thing to say

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Lmao at this part time MMA fan.
      Kid, I've been watching MMA before you probably even knew what it was. Don't be mad that you can't properly break down a fight.

Its obvious you've only seen two Melendez fights.
      I've literally watched everyone of his fights since his Guida fight, barring a few fights here and there. Yeah, I've only seen 2 of his fights. Kid, I know who and what Gilbert is. His UFC stints are nowhere as good as his pre UFC stints. He's actually lost a bit of athleticism since his prime.

It's pretty standard knowledge Melendez could have boxed Diego's ears off.
      Who said otherwise? If you looked up arm punching in the dictionary, Diego's picture would be right there. Diego's past the point of beat up, past prime, and affected by numerous weight cuts, and injuries. That being said, I'm not taking any credit away from Gil for that fight.

That how I know your a part time fan because you talk about Gil being aggressive as if he fights like Diego lmao. He only brawled with Diego like Bradley brawled with Provodnikov because it was his lack of aggression that cost him the nod against Bendo and Diego brought the mexican warrior out of him. It was a fun fight.
      Wait, when did I say he fights like Diego? And no, it wasn't the lack of aggression. It was the leg kicks, and counters every time he'd jump in with his inaccurate boxing that cost him the decision against Bendo. And regardless. If the fight was super close, and they were competetive, meanwhile Bendo couldn't take down Pettis 1x, and got submitted in the 1st round, what makes you think Gil's wrestling is so much better? Pettis would tear up an aggressive Gil.

Your down right trolling if you think Melendez will just stand in front of him like Cowboy and Lauzon.
      Wait, so I said Gil will stand in front of him? I'm pretty sure I said his aggression will get him killed. As in him rushing in.

And if he's not aggressive, he's just gonna be giving Pettis room and time to calculate his strikes. Even worse. That's why I think Pettis is a horrible match up for Gil.

So he caught Bendo in a submission? It was impressive but it was the same as the two cowboy/bendo fights if you even watched them. The first was epic with both guys escaping crazy submissions for five rounds while in the rematch Bendo tapped him pretty quickly. He got caught. Even GSP got caught by Hughes in a sub and even Anderson got caught by Ryo. Doesn't change the fact Pettis isnt this lethal Andeeson Silva like killer that your making him out to be.
      Why are you paying so much attention to the submission. He finished him in the 1st round, and I didn't even care about the submission. The submission was awesome though. What I was focusing on was the kick to his ribs. After those kicks, the fight was over. When Pettis tripped after attempting that hand stand kick, Bendo got on top. You could clearly see that he had no power for GNP or any type of submission attempts.

If Pettis doesn't attempt that kick, Bendo would've been screwed in the stand up. He was a sitting duck.

Pettis can barely stay healthy and you think that still translates to a long term reign like Silva/GSP/Aldo? Lol in arguably the most stacked division.
      LMAO. Why are you putting words in my mouth? I said barring any LINGERING injuries. That means yes, I do put his injury concerns into the equation.

Your full of shiiiit for thonking your opinion is better then anybody elses because I go on several MMA forums and people talk about Melendez/Bendo like GSP/Hendricks and Gus/Jones by how close they were. Just not as dramatic as the fight wasnt all the good compared to the other two which were classics.
      No one said my opinion was better. You literally got mad like a little girl when you read my post, and started calling me all types of "are you crazy!?" "OMG bro!"

I guarantee you people only say that Gil won because,

a) Gil fans
      b) Frankie Edgar fans
      c) Tired of Bendo
      d) Tired of Bendo's Jesus schtick
      e) didn't re watch the fight

But of course I'm the only person in the world who feels this way as none of us can really know the truth until we watch them on choppy streams like you and then flaunt about ppv numbers and ratings bahahahahaha
      I said I don't have HBO or Showtime. And you're still hanging onto this?

Kid, how old are you? And why do you keep saying I flaunt PPV buys? I could have sworn I was congratulating GGG for getting good ratings on HBO.

Typical for someone that can't actually break a fight down, and uses child like tactics.

P.S. don't be mad that I can actually break down fights, and analyse thiings, without saying, "no way bro, he's better because I think so!"

And your Dick Senormous alt is getting annoying and played out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
        What a dumb thing to say
        You are Nate's alt.

Comment

been a fan of both these guys for a while now and this is one of my fantasy matchups that ive always wanted to see.....i also thought gilbert did enough to beat hendo but have been noticing a small decline in his game since the 3rd thompson fight....pettis right now is in his prime just hope those injuries are 100% healed to get both these guys at their best....cant wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            You are Nate's alt.
            Sorry bro no nate, this is all dick up in heya.

Comment

So is anyone gonna answer why no Aldo? I swear Aldo is ducking Pettis.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                So is anyone gonna answer why no Aldo? I swear Aldo is ducking Pettis.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Aldos been calling him out man. Pettis has been hurt. Its like he trips over a rock is out for six months considering he took no damage against Bendo. If anything hes ducking as hes backed out now twice. I mean this time it might have been more of Meldendez threatening to go to Bellator if he wasnt paid properly, and the way they made it so Bellator coldnt match was to give him a title fight and let him coach TUF.

Dont forget Aldo only fought Zombie because Pettis pulled out only to fight not even a month later LOL

Comment

Aldo slows down after the third round, so if this move up in weight would benefit him, that would be a hell of a fight. I'm a fan of Aldo.

Comment

So training injuries aren't routine? Pettis still wanted the Aldo fight, it was Dana's decision to move forward and change the fight. It could of easily been delayed a month and taken place. I don't think either guy is really ducking one another. Really wished it would of happened though. I think Pettis makes quick work of Melendez in the first two rounds. I just don't think Gil's defense is good enough against a striker of Pettis's level. That combined with his ever improving take down defense to me spells trouble for Gilbert.

Comment

Working...
                    X