No announcement yet.

Picking up my Galaxy S4 tomorrow......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
    update.....gt phone last night, spent a day with it.......in a word.......amazing. I did get the nova premier launcher as tough wiz had to much crap for my liking. I am very satisfied thus far, and dont think i will miss my iphone at all. The screen on my gs4 is sick, fast, and smooth. No lag on mine, no issues at all. Just trying to learn.......so many options.
    I use Nova as well. Class

And I have never yearned for my iPhone back since upgrading..

Comment

Anyone know if group text works with the S4 and iphones? Reply-all to phone threads, etc.

I have an Iphone 4S and due for an upgrade. All my friends have Iphones and group-text is important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
        Anyone know if group text works with the S4 and iphones? Reply-all to phone threads, etc.

I have an Iphone 4S and due for an upgrade. All my friends have Iphones and group-text is important to me.
        Yeah, I use group text all the time with my friends(iPhone users)

I use to use Handcent(app) to group text. I don't use it anymore cause the custom rom I use on my gs3 has group text built into the messenger app.

You could also use emoji's. You won't get all the emoji's to use but you get a decent amount at your disposal for texting.

Comment

Yes I do it all the time.

Comment

I'm still having issues with my preexisting I message group texts. I'm told that friends are getting the text messages that I send to the group but I'm not receiving all the text messages.

The ones I do get are received as individual messages.

I tried unregistering my old I phone on apple support but that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
              I'm still having issues with my preexisting I message group texts. I'm told that friends are getting the text messages that I send to the group but I'm not receiving all the text messages.

The ones I do get are received as individual messages.

I tried unregistering my old I phone on apple support but that didn't work.

yea man...your old iphone being inaccessible really jacked you up...i know if it was working and you turn your imessages off that it would fix this problem

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                yea man...your old iphone being inaccessible really jacked you up...i know if it was working and you turn your imessages off that it would fix this problem
                Yup.

I just installed this group texting app.

Just sent a text to a group and so far I'm getting responses but still coming in as individual messages but no big deal. It even has emojis. Hopefully this works out.

Considering what happened to my I phone, I guess I should start looking for a waterproof case now.

Comment

Yup.

Just sent a text to a group and so far I'm getting responses but still coming in as individual messages but no big deal. It even has emojis. Hopefully this works out.

Considering what happened to my I phone, I guess I should start looking for a waterproof case now.
                  yeah this is what I dont want. There are threads on my phone that we use all the time. If I get a S4, and I respond to a text-thread with all iphones, will all the users see it?

So far I've seen friends without iphones respond and it only comes through as individual messages rather than staying in the all-iphone-text-thread.
                  Last edited by shogunn; 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

yeah this is what I dont want. There are threads on my phone that we use all the time. If I get a S4, and I respond to a text-thread with all iphones, will all the users see it?

So far I've seen friends without iphones respond and it only comes through as individual messages rather than staying in the all-iphone-text-thread.

i have 2 text threads with 3 iphone users...the messages get to everyone

Comment

Yup.

Download Handcent from the playstore. Once downloaded, toggle the setting for group texting and you're good to go.

Handcent has lots of customization options as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X