Comments Thread For: Hunter: Khan's Chin Not a Problem, Has To Temper Attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
    Very true.

Khan's chin is not formidable, nor is his defense.
    Yet the real issue is, in my opinion, psychological.

It seems to me that Khan reacts to hard punches as many youngsters do when they start boxing; he wants to hit back immediately, if he can't , he tends to get frustrated and throw more punches, leaving openings and forgetting his defense.

If you don't protect your chin, you'll eventually go down, no matter how good your chin is.
    Improving his defense and train his neck will surely help, but most importantly, he needs to avoid stupid mistakes and keep his focus on his game plan.
    This is so true. Personally I think since the Prescott KO he's had a chip on his shoulder about his chin. When he fought Maidana everybody was questioning his chin, Kahn went in and had an absolute war with him to prove that he has a chin. He needs to learn how to recover and not get onto a war when clipped.

Comment

Khan doesn't have a very good chin, but even after the garcia knockdown he took something like 30 power punches pretty flush, and he was stopped on his feet, so "glass" might be a bit strong

a glass jaw wouldn't have been concious, let alone standing

If Khan had a glass chin, he'd have been like this after the first left hook

his chin is somewehre between weak and average
      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

His chin isn't that bad?

Wasn't this the same dude (forget Prescott & Garcia) that was on queer street in the amateurs with head-guard on? Dropped by a couple of powder-puff punchers early on his career?

His chin is a weakness. A major one too. But it's only a major one because of the way the guy fights.

No defense, insists on trading when hurt, doesn't know how to time/temper his attacks and he has no ring i.q.

Hunter has a lot of work to do but if he can work on all those aspects, Khan could cause some real problems. It's a shame that the guy's a ****y over-confident dislikeable prick.

He definitely needs to work on his neck & leg muscles to help him absorb shots better.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          His chin isn't that bad?

Wasn't this the same dude (forget Prescott & Garcia) that was on queer street in the amateurs with head-guard on? Dropped by a couple of powder-puff punchers early on his career?

His chin is a weakness. A major one too. But it's only a major one because of the way the guy fights.

No defense, insists on trading when hurt, doesn't know how to time/temper his attacks and he has no ring i.q.

Hunter has a lot of work to do but if he can work on all those aspects, Khan could cause some real problems. It's a shame that the guy's a ****y over-confident dislikeable prick.

He definitely needs to work on his neck & leg muscles to help him absorb shots better.
          [IMG][/IMG]

there are worse

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            [IMG][/IMG]

there are worse
            I'm not denying that but Khan's chin is bad.

We're not here to compare it to others (or at least shouldn't be).

Comment

however you want to call it, it's bad. his heart and conditioning give him an edge over other glass chinned fighters.

Comment

Prescott disagrees

Comment

I also believe Khans chin is not as bad as some make it out to be, but it's certainly not great. To me with that in & out style he should work on feints. He got caught stepping in trying to land a combo & met Garcia's money punch. Shoot some feints, make your opponent have to reset, repeat until an opportunity presents itself. Until it does, jab, jab, move, jab, feint.

Comment

Telling Khan that he doesnt have a weak chin isn't the best advise.

Some fighters go down after taking a shot but they can recover.

With Khan he is completely out of it after you hit him hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X