Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales made me tear up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much respect to Erik, he proved most of us wrong, haven't been that emotional since Cotto-Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Nah he looked particularly ****ty to me and out of shape compared to the Khan fight.
      We'll agree to disagree then

He still managed to touch Khan, where as Morales made him hit air alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        We'll agree to disagree then

He still managed to touch Khan, where as Morales made him hit air alot.
        He landed alot more on Morales than he did Khan, Morales was just laying on the ropes taking a beating for about 70% of the fight.

Comment

Much respect to Erik, he proved most of us wrong, haven't been that emotional since Cotto-Margarito.
          LMAO why is that?

Comment

Beautiful artistry in there.

If someone were to make a movie of his boxing life, this would be a great way to end it.

Yeah Maidana's style was perfect for him, but it was still great to watch a legend use every ounce of his boxing knowledge and whatever he had left to fight the way he did.

sidenote:

Even though I like Khan, it was funny to see a well faded Morales having a tougher chin than Amir.

A Morales with one eye.

Comment

Glad I wasn't the only one.

A lot I could write - from being just a teenager and seeing almost his whole career, the road trips to see him fight, the arguments with the homies over who is the best of 3, the wins, the loses, the laughs(Erik always makes me laugh for some reason), ever dollar spent on a ppv or a ticket, and the nights spent watching him fight with my dad. a **** load of memories i just went thru during those 12rds. holy **** what a performance - it just made all those moments 10x better. and he didnt even win lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He landed alot more on Morales than he did Khan, Morales was just laying on the ropes taking a beating for about 70% of the fight.
                True, but Morales made him miss big, he turned with alot of those punches.

Originally posted by ThoedEssay View Post
                LMAO why is that?
                Just as a whole, great exciting fight and some crazy things were said here on Boxingscene lol

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  Glad I wasn't the only one.

A lot I could write - from being just a teenager and seeing almost his whole career, the road trips to see him fight, the arguments with the homies over who is the best of 3, the wins, the loses, the laughs(Erik always makes me laugh for some reason), ever dollar spent on a ppv or a ticket, and the nights spent watching him fight with my dad. a **** load of memories i just went thru during those 12rds. holy **** what a performance - it just made all those moments 10x better. and he didnt even win lol
                  Great post.

Even though he may well carry on fighting, for some reason it felt to me like I was saying "goodbye" to Erik last night.

Comment

True, but Morales made him miss big, he turned with alot of those punches.

Just as a whole, great exciting fight and some crazy things were said here on Boxingscene lol
                    i assume you rooting for marg? cuz of the rican vs dominican rivalry?

Comment

Damn good effort by Morales. He did was he was suppose to do and almost came out on top. I was more surprised he ROCKED EM more then anything. Showed why he's a true legend of the sport. SICK FIGHT.

Will he be world champion again? No. But he proved he can still hang with the best of them and is not to be counted out against anybody. True warrior, true legend. The ****in man tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X