Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why dont Pacroid fans understand that punch output is a product of who you fight..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best luck trying to figure this argument out without them stepping into the ring. Im a floyd and pac fan but i like floyd more. Many people hate on floyd for hand picking but manny does the same.

Punch output has some revelance on whats being returned. On the other hand if there no fire being returned then you can punch as much as you want. Especially if you can handle the punches and pac could lately fighting men with no hand speed. Not his fault that these guys that floyd for what ever reason didnt fight challenged pac and got destroyed. But i do believe that arum believe that bradley, alexander, ortiz, madina and floyd would give pac alot of trouble because they can handle his speed better.

Believe me when i say this pac doesnt like return fire and he has a hard time trying to figure out how to handle a good counter puncher like marquez, like morrales and yes like floyd. Pac can easily overwhelm clottey, cotto who had the same issue when he fougth ricardo torres. Anytime he was caught in exchanges he got hurt and hurt badly. Cotto had a good jab his fault was not tying up when pac got close and starting over.

Im sorry but i believe that pac could land some clean shots on floyd but i also believe what every boXer thats faced floyd says and thats that he hits harder than you think. His jab and straight right i think would cause pac alot of problems and his movement and training on padwork is priceless in this fight.

The problem with pac is does he expect floyd to stand there for return fire and no matter if the fans boo or the ref takes a point away floyd will tie up on the inside and push the fight back to the center of the ring where his jab can dictate distanCe and the hook or upper cut will keep pac honest after he taste a few.

This fight can become a classic or a borefest depending on who imposes there will. If pac punch output goes down significantlly then he will lose a boxing match and thinking mans fight. I just dont see him figuring out a good long jab and a fast straight right hand with good defense and the ability to tie up emplOyed properly.

Marquez punched in between pacs flurries and stopped him in his tracks and im afraid if they fight again it will be close to the same because stykles make fights and his COUNTER PUNCHING APPROACH frustrates pac to know end.
    Last edited by EMACULATE; 11-27-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Anyone who thinks he will throw 1000 odd punches against Mayweather are kidding themselves. Against Cotto he threw 780 punches. This was an individual who tried marching him down in the opening rounds.

Even if Pacquiao beats Mayweather his punch output ( assuming it goes the distance) won't be higher than 700.

A good way of looking at things is Mosley vs Mayweather/Margarito. He threw 507 punches against Margarito and the fight was stopped early in the 9th round against Mayweather he threw 452 punches.
      Last edited by FeFist; 11-27-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Floyd's favorite dish: "Rice and Babeque Dog"

Comment

Working...
        X