No announcement yet.

Q&A with Kell Brook................

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A with Kell Brook................

this is the guy some of use might remember as the british prospect that punched a nightclub bouncer because he wouldnt let him go in the girls toilets......looks like he got off with the sentence.......

Q & A with Kell Brook

It maybe 6 weeks until Kell Brook 21-0(14) meets Michael Jennings but he’s already chomping at the bit. Brook 24, will be making the third defence of his British Title, the fight also doubles up as a WBO Welterweight eliminator. He see’s this as a real chance to break out from the pack and intends to use his fight with Jennings as a spring board to a World title fight. He’s trained by Brendan Ingle who has been one of the best and most succesful trainers of the past 20 years in Britain looking after amongst others Herol Graham who is thought by many to be the best British fighter to never win a world title, Johnny Nelson, Ryan Rhodes, Junior Witter and even a certain Prince Naseem Hamed. Brook like those who’s shadow he currently walks in and one day hopes to emulate fights with a similar hands down, unorthodox style that has been so successful and a staple of Brendan Ingle fighters over the years. Here’s what Brook had to say ahead of the fight.

Hello Kell, welcome to 15rounds.com

Anson Wainwright - Firstly your going to be fighting Michael Jennings on the bumper 18 September show in Birmingham. What do you think of Michael Jennings as a fighter?

Kell Brook - I think Michael Jennings is a good fighter. When I turned professional Michael Jennings was up was up and coming at the time. He was top 10 in Britain then and he’s been there done it got the t-shirt. He boxed for a world title, he boxed Cotto, he boxed in high class, he’s fought all comers and beat them. But I think he’s in deep water with me on 18 September.

Anson Wainwright - It has been rescheduled a couple of times what from your point of view were those reason’s?

Kell Brook - I came down with a viral infection, then it got put on again and he hurt his hand. Then i had a saw rib and i couldn’t do any sparring. So this time, I know I’ll be there on 18 September. Training’s gone unbelievable so far, everything is tip top. It’ll definitely happen this time it’ll be a magical night.

Anson Wainwright - It’s obviously a great chance to show your ability. What are your thoughts on the fight card?

Kell Brook - I feel great, I’m looking forward to watching the rest of the card. I’d like to get my fight over with quickly so I can get washed up and watch the rest of the card. Every fight on the bill is brilliant, explosive fights. I believe really and truly I’m going to steel the show. I think a lot of people are looking to watch Barker & Macklin, but most of all people need to see me and Jennings it’s a brilliant match up.

Anson Wainwright - Is there any bad blood between the two of you?

Kell Brook - There’s no bad blood at all on my side. He’s a nice kid Michael Jennings, but I don’t like him at the moment in time and I’m going to have to put the hurt on him. But after the fight he can be my best friend if he wants to be. It’s just a business and he’s in front of me stopping me going forward and I need to get rid of this kid. So i can’t be friends with him before but after sure.

Anson Wainwright - As well as a British title fight it will also double up as a WBO Welterweight title fight currently held by Superstar Manny Pacquiao. What are your feeling on that?

Kell Brook - Manny Pacquiao is vacating I hear to fight at Light Middle with Margarito so the title looks like it’s vacant and who’s number one (In the rankings)? …Me! So if I beat Jennings and I train hard because i know after this fight i have a world title maybe before Christmas. Before the end of 2010 Kell Brook could be world champion.

Anson Wainwright - Any chance the WBO may make your fight with Jennings a world title fight instead of an eliminator?

Kell Brook - I don’t know, if they do they do. It’s worthy of being a world title fight. I just know I’m in great shape, I’ve got 6 weeks to go. Bring it on, I can’t wait for 18 September. Everything is running smooth.

Anson Wainwright - Who is part of team Kell Brook, your manager, trainer & Promoter? Also what gym do you regularly use?

Kell Brook - Frank (Warren) is my promoter. Dominic, Brendan & John (Ingle) are Team Brook and my dad. I’ve got good people around me, that’s always good. I use the Wincobank Gym.

Anson Wainwright - For fight fans in America and the rest of the world how would you describe your fighting style?

Kell Brook - I’m elusive, sharp, good boxing brain. Good to watch. I throw punches from different angles.

Anson Wainwright - Could you tell us about your early years in Sheffield and how the path took you into Boxing?

Kell Brook - I used to watch a lot of Bruce Lee movie’s, Enter the Dragon stuff like that Van Damme (Films). So I practiced and when I was 9 my dad brought me to the Wincobank gym to burn a bit of that energy off. He noticed that if I could hit without being hit I could do things and I had a really big punch on me at that age, he saw something in me. So he brought me down to the Boxing gym. I fell in love with the game and I’ve been there pretty much ever since and done well.

Anson Wainwright - When your not Boxing what do you like to do? What are your hobbies?

Kell Brook - When your in training you can’t do that much. I like walking with my girlfriend in the countryside with the dog. I like the pictures, going for nice meals. Stuff like that, playing snooker with mates. I watch all different kinds of sports but Boxing is obviously my main one.

Anson Wainwright - Obviously this fight is a huge one that will if successful put you in a very good spot, though realistically a fight with Pacquiao is still awhile away. Would you look to fight for perhaps the European title or even look at on of the other world champions whilst building your profile to make a fight with some of the big names at 147?

Kell Brook - I’ll fight anyone. I’ll leave that to Frank Warren, he’s the man. If Frank lines them up I’ll knock them out. Ask Frank, whoever he says I’ll fight them.

Anson Wainwright - Who were your hero’s growing up?

Kell Brook - Prince Naseem (Hamed) & Ryan Rhodes were my Boxing hero’s.

Anson Wainwright - How do you see the Welterweight division currently and where do you think you fit in?

Kell Brook - In the world it’s an electric division. It’s a colourful division Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Cotto, Mosley, Berto there’s some great fighters out there. It’s the main weight division with people looking into. So to be part of that is very good. I’m unbeaten and don’t think I’m getting beat anytime soon. I’d like to be looking at those fighters in the next 12-18 months.

Anson Wainwright - Finally do you have a message for your fans?

Kell Brook - Make sure you buy it on PPV or preferably be ringside or get to the fight because it’s a tremendous bill and I’m going to put on a serious show on for you all.

Thanks for taking time to speak to you.

Anson Wainwright
    15rounds.com

just wanna add, we all know khan is looking to move up to ww after he's done his thing in jww (providing he unifies the titleslike he said he would) i there is gonna be a big home clash between khan and brook, would be a great fight in my opinion.... especially if brook has a title....

Comment

Michael Jennings UD

Comment

Originally posted by Le4 View Post
        Michael Jennings UD
        ye i wnt jennigs do win aswell, seems like a nice guy, i like how he stuck in there with cotto aswell, showed alot of heart even though he was beng outclassed.....deserves another shot imo..... tough guy been stabbed, shot and everything ive heard....

Comment

Michael Jennings UD
          lmao yer right.... he got beat by young mutley who is ****e...

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
            lmao yer right.... he got beat by young mutley who is ****e...
            he was robbed....

_______

Comment

Kell Brook should walk Jennings down and stop him late. But if Jennings can keep on the outside and frustrate Brook then he has a chance to score an upset.

Comment

he was robbed....

_______
                hahaha... yer right, he got his arsed kicked.. he's ****

Comment

Working...
                X