No announcement yet.

Anybody else miss Jermain Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else miss Jermain Taylor?

Just watching Pavlik and Martinez fights to hype up this weekend's battle. Watching this made me miss Jermain Taylor. He had flashes of brilliant boxing.

Miss the dude.

ye he was a good guy and a very skilled boxer,shame he went downhill so quickly

Comment

hell yea!!....JT is my dude

Comment

For sure. I was pretty disappointed to when he withdrew from the super six. Hopefully he has more fight left in him. He had pretty strong showings in both the froch and abraham fights despite their outcome.

Comment

To bad he did not pull out of the super 6 sooner. After the Froch fight he should not have fought Abraham. That's just asking for neurological damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            To bad he did not pull out of the super 6 sooner. After the Froch fight he should not have fought Abraham. That's just asking for neurological damage.
            but didnt you say in the other thread that taylor was ahead against abraham going into the 12th? meaning he was 15 seconds away from winning the fight in your opinion?

he was way behind against abraham though

Comment

Not sure what happened to him, he just never put it together and after so many brutal KOs the poor guy is finished. You can't question how good the guy was, for as short a period of time as he was at his best.

Comment

Alright next question,

Would you guys like to see him come back? Think he can be great at 160/168?

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                  Alright next question,

i dont wana see him come back at all whoever its against

he doesnt have it anymore,he has no need to risk his health

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                    Alright next question,

I don't believe so, you just don't recover from that many bad KOs. Definitely not at 168. Maybe if he returned at 160 and beat up on some of the bums there to get over it, but I'm not sure he'll ever fight a meaningful fight ever again.

Comment

Working...
                    X