Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Pleads With Wilder To Start Fighting Better Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Because Joshua's resume is garbage
    He's a 3 year pro with 18 fights - fought 4 undefeated guys on the spin before Molina (Deontay has like 1 or something in 5 years+) and is about to fight Klitschko.

I think he's more than right to criticize Wilder for his choices of opponents and so is everyone else.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 02-24-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Really don't get that comment neither, after this Denzel Washington fight, I really want to see Wilder against a top man in the HW division. And hopefully they don't test dirty for any ban drugs. Am only giving him a pass because he is coming back from surgery and another opponent failed a drug test. But for a man that has 37-0 with almost 30 odds no hopers, he needs to back off criticising Joshua, who at 18-0 has an equal if not a better resume than Wilder at the moment. Even Joseph Parker is getting decent names on his resume.
      I wanted to see Wilder against a top guy for the last 5 years. Povetkin was supposed to be that guy, and I'm obviously that's not Deontay's fault that fight didn't happen. Yet that single fight is no excuse for the 36 other bums he's faced 5 of them as a champion.

Washington is at least a step up from Wrazyk or whatever his name is who's truthfully alike to some of those guys David Haye fought in his last two fights.

Wilder keeps saying he'll step it up, but it never happens. I had my hopes for him some years ago, but now that hope is fading. Imo he's fighting bums until he can get on PPV vs a Joshua or Fury and has no intentions of going through real contenders. But I'll change my mind if I see him face an Ortiz or someone like that.

Comment

• Really Wilder could have been fighting top 10/15 ish guys from around 2013 or so.

One cancelled fight and a decent win vs Stiverne isnt enough by normal standards.

But then this is modern HW boxing. Youll be hard pressed to find anyone who has more than a couple of decent wins over their whole career.

Joshua must be annoyed though because by all rights a fight between these two should be a huge deal in the US. PPV level. But it just isnt

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          He's a 3 year pro with 18 fights - fought 4 undefeated guys on the spin before Molina (Deontay has like 1 or something in 5 years+) and is about to fight Klitschko.

I think he's more than right to criticize Wilder for his choices of opponents and so is everyone else.
          That's why I don't get people asking who has Joshua fought.

Joshua is 4 years younger and has been a pro for half the time, Wilder has and has half his fights. What had Wilder done in 2012/13 after 20 odd fights??

Washington is the first undefeated guy Wilder has fought since Kelvin Price (I know you're wondering "who da hell was that?")

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

So? His resume is garbage - Fact. I don't care how long he has been a pro.

He has a right to say whatever he wants about whatever he wants. It doesn't change the fact it's rich coming from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Joshua is 4 years younger and has been a pro for half the time, Wilder has and has half his fights. What had Wilder done in 2012/13 after 20 odd fights??

Washington is the first undefeated guy Wilder has fought since Kelvin Price (I know you're wondering "who da hell was that?")
              Who cares if an opponent is undefeafed? Why ia that relevant?

Your last sentance literally shows why it's irrelevant.

Comment

• yeah Wilder! Fight Charles Martin and Dominic Brezeale

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

But Wilder was a prospect doe..
                  hadn't done as much as AJ doe..

AJ did sod all as an amateur worth talking about until 2010, something everybody loved bringing up when they thought he was gona get chinged by whyte.

Theres the #doublestandards i keep seeing wilder fans bringing up.

Fought in an olympics, just like as Wilder and was gifted a medal in the eyes of the people. Wilder however earned his medal so that surely makes him better at that stage doesn't it?

The quality of Wilders opponents were the same at 32 fights, as AJ's were at 11. FACT. padded... bum... record.

Comment

Who cares if an opponent is undefeafed? Why ia that relevant?

Your last sentance literally shows why it's irrelevant.
                    Martin, Breazeale and Whyte would all be tough fights for Wilder and let's face it, if he had fought those undefeated guys then the Wilder defence squad would be pointing out that they were undefeated...

Look how much a deal they make out of the Povetkin fight falling through, it sounds like they basically gave him the W for that fight.... "he agreed to fight Povetkin (fight was mandated)..... he agreed to go to Russia (promoter lost the purse bid and thus the location rights)"

Comment

So? His resume is garbage - Fact. I don't care how long he has been a pro.

He has a right to say whatever he wants about whatever he wants. It doesn't change the fact it's rich coming from him.
                      He's scheduled to fight Klitschko. He has 18 fights.
                      He's stepping up, Wilder isn't. Has been pro half the time or less.

Your comment was misplaced.

Comment

Working...
                      X