No announcement yet.

Re-score Cuadras vs. Gonzalez from the 6th round on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-score Cuadras vs. Gonzalez from the 6th round on

Tell us your score going into the 6th round and then score these last six rounds.

All the videos start at the exact round

Round 6 Cuadras

Carlos Cuadras vs Roman Gonzalez 720p by foysol-bruce

Round 7 Gonzalez

Round 8 Cuadras

Max at the beginning of Rd 9: I saw a look on Chocolatito face i've never seen before. He looked disheartened

This is where Cuadras started to take Chocolatito's soul. Every punch landed moved Chocolatito off balance. A beautiful right hand in the last 15 seconds landed and made Chocolatito do the mannequin challenge the rest of the round.

Round 9-Cuadras

Round 10-Cuadras

Round 11 and Cuadras comes out as fresh as he was in Round 1. If Gonzalez is landing the more effective punches, and Cuadras is running, why is Cuadras the fresher fighter and Gonzalez looks spent? Both Roy and Max commented the previous round they've never seen Gonzalez look as spent as he does now.

Chocolatito hops around the ring throwing arm punches that have no effect when they land and Cuadras sets his feet and knocks Gonzalez off balance every time he lands. Ten more seconds in this round and Cuadras would've put Gonzalez down. He had him badly hurt towards the end of the round

Round 11-Cuadras

Round 12-Cuadras

You had to have Chocolatito up 5-0 going into the 6th if you had him winning this fight. Gonzalez was not up 5-0 going into the 6th round. If the cards were 3-2 or even 4-1 Cuadras won or got at least a draw.

SkillspayBills
    HI-TECH Boxing
    Mexican_Puppet
    1hourRun

Comment

I still come up with a twelve round draw

Comment

My scorecard:

Cuadras:

11(hard round)

Gonzalez:

7(hard round)

Lederman's card was a joke, he gave the first round to Gonzalez,

People saying was a clear win for Gonzalez is crazy, it was a very hard and competitive fight, the hardest fight of Gonzalez career and the face of him said all:

"Give me my million, doe, give my million", and ends fighting with a thai. lol

And for that reason he ducked two times the direct rematch with Cuadras.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I still come up with a twelve round draw
          Me too but you know, the kid of HBO was Gonzalez and they gave him the victory

Is incredibly crazy that the judges gave Ward a victory vs Kovalev when, for example, Cuadras did a lot better job in the ring vs Gonzalez and he got the L in his record. The power of be the kid of the promotion.

Comment

Cuadras certainly gave Gonzalez the business in the last third of the fight. Gonzalez did much better in the first third, and the middle third was kind of split but you could feel the tide turning (if you could block out the slurping sounds emanating from Kellerman).

I felt it could be a draw or go either way because a couple of those rounds where Cuadras was turning the tide Gonzalez could have pulled out and you would pretty much have to give all those round to Cuadras to have him winning which I can see but Gonzalez also did some work. Heck of a fight though my favorite on HBO this year because the skill level both men showed.

As an aside it has to be tough boxing a difficult opponent when getting a ******* from Max Kellerman during the fight~ if Max would have let up off Gonzalez johnson Gonzalez might have had more energy and focus to deal with Cuadras better.

Comment

I like Chocoatito much more than Cuadras, and even though he fought really well, it's like he had to work doubly hard than Cuadras to do the same damage...he was making all the right moves but Cuadras was still a bit too slick for him to get real dividends, Cuadras was doing a lot of flurrying but effect is what matters in boxing, and those flurries were busting up Chocolate. Hard hard fight to score. Cuadras has unbelievable stamina and that's the first time Chocolate has been matched in that department IMO.

Comment

An observation, people needs see that a lot of punches of Roman were blocked by Cuadras, and that was more evident in all the rounds except in 2, 3, 4 and 5, when Roman did a good job, Cuadras ended the fight with a fresh face and he does not have a good skin, he is white with blue eyes, and I saw a lot of fight of Cuadras and for example, he was knocked down ante Garcia and Concepcion inflamated his nose, Salgado broke the nose of Cuadras and was blooding.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Cuadras certainly gave Gonzalez the business in the last third of the fight.
                  But the first round was clearly of Cuadras.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    I like Chocoatito much more than Cuadras, and even though he fought really well, it's like he had to work doubly hard than Cuadras to do the same damage...he was making all the right moves but Cuadras was still a bit too slick for him to get real dividends, Cuadras was doing a lot of flurrying but effect is what matters in boxing, and those flurries were busting up Chocolate. Hard hard fight to score. Cuadras has unbelievable stamina and that's the first time Chocolate has been matched in that department IMO.
                    Nope, Cuadras throwed like 750. That is normal in this weight, and is nothing great for a mexican boxer of elite, of fact, Cuadras does not have good stamina, he constantly is opening his mouth, but that night he had his best condition. Gonzalez throwed like 850

Is totally obvious that Gonzalez is waiting that Cuadras is going to have problems to do the weight in September, is the only reason why he ducked so bad the direct rematch with Cuadras, first in December and then in March.

Estrada have a lot better stamina than Cuadras and Estrada matched Gonzalez in that department, that is crazy considering that Estrada fought in fu.cking 108 pounds.

Estrada in a good condition and in his real weight is able to throw like 900 punches.

That is the reason why Gonzalez ducked him in 112 pounds when both were champions.

Estrada is bigger and stronger than Cuadras and Gonzalez, in a good condition, I think that Estrada can ge a TKO vs Gonzalez, watching what Cuadras did.

Comment

Working...
                    X