No announcement yet.

2007 - 2010 Welterweights (Excluding Pac and May) Vs 2016 welters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Lol I just posted this too. I think the guy has a serious lack of knowledge on who thurmans opponents are and just seems to be naming names for the sake of it.
    By 28....? Williams had Quintana & Margarito on his resume. That's it. He fought Martinez & Cintron after he turned 28.

I already said Cotto had a better resume than Thurman by 28...

Margarito had only beaten Cintron.

UP UNTIL HE TURNED 28, Thurman had a better resume than all of those guys excluding Cotto and Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
      By 28....? Williams had Quintana & Margarito on his resume. That's it. He fought Martinez & Cintron after he turned 28.

I already said Cotto had a better resume than Thurman by 28...

Margarito had only beaten Cintron.

UP UNTIL HE TURNED 28, Thurman had a better resume than all of those guys excluding Cotto and Mosley.
      wait, are we getting petty about a couple months? dont be a dickhead and just admit you dont know ****.

by 209, the year in which williams was 28, he had faced and beaten marg, martinez, cintron, Wright and co. Heck, if he only had Marg it would still be better than Thurman.

You have no clue who Thurman has faced.

Comment

wait, are we getting petty about a couple months? dont be a dickhead and just admit you dont know ****.

by 209, the year in which williams was 28, he had faced and beaten marg, martinez, cintron, Wright and co. Heck, if he only had Marg it would still be better than Thurman.

You have no clue who Thurman has faced.
        I'm answering the question specifically you tool. From 0 years of age until his 28th birthday. No, Williams resume was not better. Best single win in Margarito, but he had nowhere near the quantity. He fought Martinez after he turned 28. Don't say I don't know **** when you're the moron who is moving the goalposts.....

If you want to add in what he did AT 28 years old, then we have to wait and see... Because if Thurman beats Garcia & PAC/Spence/Porter/whatever while he's still 28, then he'll still have a better resume before turning 29 than Williams....

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
          I'm answering the question specifically you tool. From 0 years of age until his 28th birthday. No, Williams resume was not better. Best single win in Margarito, but he had nowhere near the quantity. He fought Martinez after he turned 28. Don't say I don't know **** when you're the moron who is moving the goalposts.....

If you want to add in what he did AT 28 years old, then we have to wait and see... Because if Thurman beats Garcia & PAC/Spence/Porter/whatever while he's still 28, then he'll still have a better resume before turning 29 than Williams....
          omg the stupidity here

jeez, why dont you go back to listening to macklemore

Comment

omg the stupidity here

jeez, why dont you go back to listening to macklemore
            Is it me or are you overrating Williams like crazy? Are you the type of ****** that would favour a prime Margarito over any fighter in history?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              The roster back in the day 8-9 years ago were

Antonio Margarito
              Paul Williams
              Joshua Clottey
              Miguel Cotto
              Shane Mosley
              Kermit Cintron

vs Today's Welterweights

Errol Spence
              Terrence Crawford
              Danny Garcia
              Keith Thurman
              Amir Khan
              Kell Brook

Which roster would win (Please discuss with logical view points)
              Margarito beats Garcia, Thurman and Khan, losses to Spence, Crawford and Brook, i'm not sure about Crawford until he fights at 147.
              Williams beats all but Spence and Crawford.
              Clottey losses to all of them.
              Cotto wins against Garcia, Khan, Brook and Thurman, losses to Crawford and Spence.
              Mosley wins against Garcia, Khan, Thurman and Brook, losses to Crawford and Spence.
              Cintron losses to all of them.
              I have it 21-15 for the current welters.

Comment

You're all too quick to write Clottey off and probably do so because of his fight with Pacquiao. However he was a monster at 147. Gave Margarito hell before hurting his hands and people can argue he did enough to beat prime Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
                  You're all too quick to write Clottey off and probably do so because of his fight with Pacquiao. However he was a monster at 147. Gave Margarito hell before hurting his hands and people can argue he did enough to beat prime Cotto.
                  Clottey is akin to Porter. Solid fighter that could give anybody a tough fight, but doesn't do enough to pull a win against the supposed upper-echelon.

And contrary to popular belief, Clottey did not lose every single round to Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                  X