Collapse
No announcement yet.

whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand these better Resumes thing.. Floyd is the clear better fighter so stuff like this is irrelevant.

Comment

• Anyone who is a champion now and is known as a decent fighter seems to have a better resume than FLoyd.

People dont seem to respect what FLoyd has achieved. Its not looking good for Floyd for when he retires. He will be remembered for having a memorable defence and thats about it, but has become a figure of ridicule.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 04-30-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• if better resume means fighting everyone, then cotto's is way superior.

Comment

• I think a prime Castillo would beat everybody on Cotto's resume save for the version of Mosley that Cotto fought and I'm even a little bit doubtful about that because Mosley has looked terrible in some fights outside of his fights with Margarito and Collazo. It's actually pretty close even though a lot of people on here don't like Floyd. Does anybody see Clottey or Judah beating the version of Oscar that Floyd fought? I know I don't. Cotto deserves credit for getting in the ring with Margarito, but that was something he absolutely had to do or he would've looked worse than Floyd for not fighting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            cotto's a true blood warrior.. i'll give him the edge in resume and heart.
            heart? same cotto who runs?

Comment

• Floyd started his career at 130, Cotto started his career at 140. The least Cotto can do is have a better 140-147 resume than a former Super Featherweight. It would be shameful if he didn't.

Hernandez[130]
              Chavez[130]
              Castillo X2[135]
              De La Hoya[154]
              Judah[147]
              Hatton[147]
              Mosley[147]
              Baldomir[147]
              Marquez[147]
              Corrales[130]
              Gatti[140]
              Corley[140]

They have common opponents like Mosley, Jukko, Judah, Sosa, Corley. Barring Mosley, Floyd fought all of them when they were younger and fresher, just like the case of Pacquiao fighting Floyd leftovers.

Unfortunately, Cotto wins over not so good fighters, will be highlighted, while Mayweather is put on a higher standard and lesser fighter like Augustus, Bruseles, Mitchell, N'Dou, Gerena, Manfredy, will not be mentioned or will be brushed off as "F" level fighters. While for Cotto, guys like Torres, Urkal, Foreman, and Mayorga, will be mentioned for him as good wins. That is the story of Floyd's resume basically. Fighters he beats are not good, but if another fighter beats them afterward, it's a good win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                I think a prime Castillo would beat everybody on Cotto's resume save for the version of Mosley that Cotto fought and I'm even a little bit doubtful about that because Mosley has looked terrible in some fights outside of his fights with Margarito and Collazo. It's actually pretty close even though a lot of people on here don't like Floyd. Does anybody see Clottey or Judah beating the version of Oscar that Floyd fought? I know I don't. Cotto deserves credit for getting in the ring with Margarito, but that was something he absolutely had to do or he would've looked worse than Floyd for not fighting him.
                Wow! Prime Castillo! News flash buddy beating Castillo ain't **** when comparing cotto vs floids resume. Where is castillo now? I thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  Wow! Prime Castillo! News flash buddy beating Castillo ain't **** when comparing cotto vs floids resume. Where is castillo now? I thought so.
                  Castillo is a future HOFer, maybe not first ballot, but he will be a HOFer some day, seeing how easy it is to get in.

Anyways, how many Hall of Famers does Miguel Cotto has wins over? Shane Mosley? That's it.

As a matter of fact, Cotto has a loss over a guy who will never go in to the HOF. Where is Margarito now? I thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
                    heart? same cotto who runs?
                    please b1tch.........................floyd retires to avoid challenges...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                      Cotto has the better resume but Mayweather has made the better business moves
                      how the hell does Cotto have a better resume than Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X