Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are mixed race fighters more injury prone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are mixed race fighters more injury prone?

I've used to box competitively from when i was 16 to 18. I loved to train everyday back then but i always ended up getting bad injuries. I had bad knees from running everyday, i also had tennis elbow and my shoulder joints are still wrecked to this day.. Now ive always thought it was due to me over training/ my frame (6ft5 was basically a stick) but then i noticed that guys like kell brook, andre ward and david haye are always getting injured and seem to have had the same problems ive had in the past. My question is are mixed race fighters more injury prone than say a white or a black fighter..

No, this is a bizarre question doe.

The only difference between people of varying colours is their skin. Past your layers of skin, race means nothing.

Black skin is one end and white the other, Asian is in the middle. Black & Asian skin is stronger thus it doesn't wrinkle as much as white people's. Ever heard the saying black don't crack? In fact, every black person I came in contact with I add 10 years on to what they look like. I worked with a guy who could've passed for late 30s, early 40s and he was pushing 60. Very rarely do I come across a black person who looks older than what they are.

I can't remember all the differences between the different skins but black skin is thicker thus why black boxers don't cut as easy as white boxers. If you made a list of the 100 worst cutters in boxing, they'd all be white I bet. But because black skin is thicker and tougher, it scars differently and the scars are more pronounced/thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      No, this is a bizarre question doe.

The only difference between people of varying colours is their skin. Past your layers of skin, race means nothing.

Black skin is one end and white the other, Asian is in the middle. Black & Asian skin is stronger thus it doesn't wrinkle as much as white people's. Ever heard the saying black don't crack? In fact, every black person I came in contact with I add 10 years on to what they look like. I worked with a guy who could've passed for late 30s, early 40s and he was pushing 60. Very rarely do I come across a black person who looks older than what they are.

I can't remember all the differences between the different skins but black skin is thicker thus why black boxers don't cut as easy as white boxers. If you made a list of the 100 worst cutters in boxing, they'd all be white I bet. But because black skin is thicker and tougher, it scars differently and the scars are more pronounced/thicker.
      Great insight man thanks

Comment

Working...
      X