Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    [B]
    Except
    Cotto's a legit Jr MW. He's 5'7" and makes 154 in his sleep.
    The "catchweight" was 159. And Martinez weighted more than 159 twice in his career.

For all the 'diva' antics that Miguel gets crap for, he's not bad at all.
    GGG said he can make 154 for Floyd or Manny. But now 155 is too tough on him? F out of here. And did you call GGG a diva when he asked for the exact same demands (catchweight) to fight Ward? But unlike Canelo GGG put his foot in his mouth and called out fighters at 154 and 168 saying he would fight at either weight. And now that push comes to shove at both ends he balks. First with Ward and now with Canelo SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      I miss the days when Duran,Hearns,Mugabi and Leonard all jumped up to face a bigger stronger middlweight marvin hagler
      Leonard demanded he choose the ring size glove size and the number of rounds for the fight

There's always some bending going on

You should know this you're a former boxer right?

You boxed at York Hall off Bethnal Green in east London right?

What ever happened to you how'd your career turn out?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Lil G said 164 for Ward doe
        Ok I get it.

But I'm talking about Canello not GGG.

The same principle applies to both.

Comment

• November 9, 2009:

This past Sunday on GMANews.TV, Manny Pacquiao said he knows exactly what Miguel Cotto is going through trying to get down to weight the week before the fight. Pacquiao went as far as to say that having been in a similar situation himself, the weight reduction is going to play a crucial role in the outcome of the fight.

Manny stated that along with trying to sweat off the weight, Cotto will be reducing his caloric intake to make the 145 catch-weight limit stipulated in the fight contract. And he knows that effort will be very demanding on Miguel.

Outside of having your relatives referee and score your fight, there's no more sure way to compromise a fighter and help alter the outcome of it than beating him on the scale. Bringing a fighter down in weight if it's a struggle affects everything he does in the ring in a bad way.

Pacquiao's failure to make weight resulted in him losing his WBC flyweight title to Medgoen Singsurat when he was knocked out in the third round 10 years ago. He also had a difficult time making the 130-pound limit for his rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez in March of 2008, a fight in which some observers believe the split decision verdict in his favor could have just as easily gone to Marquez...

The catch-weight of 145 for Pacquiao-Cotto has been a topic of fierce debate since the bout was signed. One side of the argument is that Cotto is too big and should meet Pacquiao somewhere below the welterweight limit of 147 to make it more fair. The opposing side asks why Cotto has to put his WBO welterweight title on the line and not be allowed to weigh the maximum the division allows.

To those who believe Cotto isn't at a slight disadvantage coming in at 145 Manny Pacquiao says you're wrong. And if making 145 isn't a big deal for Cotto why has he never fought below 146 since moving up to welterweight...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/artic...ome-with-cotto

As you can see from above, catch weights are nothing new! Neither is going up in weight for a big fight! Champions do what champions do!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            GGG said he can make 154 for Floyd or Manny. But now 155 is too tough on him? F out of here. And did you call GGG a diva when he asked for the exact same demands (catchweight) to fight Ward? But unlike Canelo GGG put his foot in his mouth and called out fighters at 154 and 168 saying he would fight at either weight. And now that push comes to shove at both ends he balks. First with Ward and now with Canelo SMH
            Bigdummy1, I don't think you know what you're talking about. It's not even the flavor of the month anymore.

The "164 doe" era has passed. Everyone knows that Ward killed the fight with tuneups and 'late 2016' demand, wayy before CW was introduced. The most recent thing to do is give Golovkin crap for not agreeing to fight in 2016.

Get on with the times man!

Comment

• Originally posted by crex.af View Post
              An yet each of these guy would probably maul you into that s*it you are so that makes you less than a bum.

I swear, and don't get me wrong I like both Canelo and GGG, I never understood how you can be an actual fan of boxing and have the audacity to call a professional fighter a bum because you sit behind your computer with lots of BS Bank Points! WTF?! Why are you even here? This is a boxing fan site which obviously you are not.
              relatively speaking, they're f.ucking bums and ggg's resume is littered with bums......you don't like it? tough s.hit, tell your hero to fight someone with a pulse.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                Leonard demanded he choose the ring size glove size and the number of rounds for the fight

There's always some bending going on

You should know this you're a former boxer right?

You boxed at York Hall off Bethnal Green in east London right?

What ever happened to you how'd your career turn out?
                don't even try explaining facts to lil g'tards........they're just gonna come back with "mandatory doe".

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                  relatively speaking, they're f.ucking bums and ggg's resume is littered with bums......you don't like it? tough s.hit, tell your hero to fight someone with a pulse.
                  Any man with a pulse who gets in the ring as a professional is my hero regardless of who they are.

You my friend have neither the pulse nor intestinal fortitude to ever get in the ring.

Don't like it? Tough ****, go get a real life instead of trying to diminish someone else's.

Comment

• Originally posted by crex.af View Post
                    Any man with a pulse who gets in the ring as a professional is my hero regardless of who they are.

You my friend have neither the pulse nor intestinal fortitude to ever get in the ring.

Don't like it? Tough ****, go get a real life instead of trying to diminish someone else's.
                    you: waaaaaah waaaaaaah stop criticizing golovkin. i don't show up when other fighters get criticized because i'm a fanboy that likes to swing on golovkin's nutsack, but don't you dare talk about my golovkin.

me:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      November 9, 2009:

This past Sunday on GMANews.TV, Manny Pacquiao said he knows exactly what Miguel Cotto is going through trying to get down to weight the week before the fight. Pacquiao went as far as to say that having been in a similar situation himself, the weight reduction is going to play a crucial role in the outcome of the fight.

Manny stated that along with trying to sweat off the weight, Cotto will be reducing his caloric intake to make the 145 catch-weight limit stipulated in the fight contract. And he knows that effort will be very demanding on Miguel.

Outside of having your relatives referee and score your fight, there's no more sure way to compromise a fighter and help alter the outcome of it than beating him on the scale. Bringing a fighter down in weight if it's a struggle affects everything he does in the ring in a bad way.

Pacquiao's failure to make weight resulted in him losing his WBC flyweight title to Medgoen Singsurat when he was knocked out in the third round 10 years ago. He also had a difficult time making the 130-pound limit for his rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez in March of 2008, a fight in which some observers believe the split decision verdict in his favor could have just as easily gone to Marquez...

The catch-weight of 145 for Pacquiao-Cotto has been a topic of fierce debate since the bout was signed. One side of the argument is that Cotto is too big and should meet Pacquiao somewhere below the welterweight limit of 147 to make it more fair. The opposing side asks why Cotto has to put his WBO welterweight title on the line and not be allowed to weigh the maximum the division allows.

To those who believe Cotto isn't at a slight disadvantage coming in at 145 Manny Pacquiao says you're wrong. And if making 145 isn't a big deal for Cotto why has he never fought below 146 since moving up to welterweight...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/artic...ome-with-cotto

As you can see from above, catch weights are nothing new! Neither is going up in weight for a big fight! Champions do what champions do!
                      Right, and champs don't ask for cws for mando defenses. Bet you can't find one, never mind a max possible cw requested by lineal champ who's heavier than his mando fight night

Comment

Working...
                      X