No announcement yet.

Time for a new "Super 6"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new "Super 6"

Without these tournaments, FRAUDS can get away with being FRAUDS, and talented young prospects can be frozen out.

If it were not for the Super 6, Kessler would probably still be considered the best in the division, Andre Ward would be an unknown etc.

Think about the recent Cotto v Trout fight, the only reason that happened is because everyone thought Trout was rubbish, and he schooled the boy!

These tournaments are great for boxing, all who take part deserve praise because it seperates the men from the boys, Men go in tournaments, boys cherry pick!

Froch would be a nobody like Nathan Cleverly if it werent for the Super6.

Comment

I agree. We need more of these Super 6 tournaments across all weight classes.

The bantamweights had their own mini version which is part of the reason why Abner Mares is now on some PFP lists.

The only issue I have is that the original Super 6 took too long. That's why I would make the tournament be single elimination instead of round robin. But some people disagree with me about that.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-04-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Without these tournaments, FRAUDS can get away with being FRAUDS, and talented young prospects can be frozen out.

If it were not for the Super 6, Kessler would probably still be considered the best in the division, Andre Ward would be an unknown etc.

Think about the recent Cotto v Trout fight, the only reason that happened is because everyone thought Trout was rubbish, and he schooled the boy!

These tournaments are great for boxing, all who take part deserve praise because it seperates the men from the boys, Men go in tournaments, boys cherry pick!
        1000 percent dude. We need to start weeding out these fighters. A lot of losses now are coming from cherry picks gone wrong. Need to start putting these guys in a blender and see what comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I agree. We need more of these Super 6 tournaments across all weight classes.

The bantamweights had their own mini version which is part of the reason why Abner Mares is now on some PFP lists.

The only issue I have is that the original Super 6 took too long. That's why I would make the tournament be single elimination instead of round robin. But some people disagree with me about that.
          i like the bw tourney a lot better myself than the super 6 for the same reason altho it did'nt involve the #1, 2 or 3 in the division , the way it went was smooth and simple with the exeption of one posponnement...that was'nt the case with the super 6...

Comment

that's hard to materialize, showtime few significant fighter under any specific weight class. ima thinking hbo would be the one to create their own version of the super six, the welterweight class is promising

Comment

You could put together an awesome Super Six at junior middleweight as well.

Comment

Cruiserweight needs one.

All the exciting fights between the bigger men in boxing happens at Cruiserweight.

Comment

If this were to happen, they should make it a single or double elimination tourney. No need to see a fighter lose 3 of 4 times. It drags it on too long as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

You are spot on. The Super 6 is really an attempt to go back to one title per weight class where there is no bail out and the best have to fight the best.Bute sat it out hoping the best SMM fighters would destroy eachother and he could take advantage of it and fight the left over wrecks. It did not work out that way and despite not signing up for Super 6 he was exposed by it.
                    The LWW division could have done with a Super 6 in fact it could do with one now. I don't like the way Lucas Matthysse is being messed around and if there was a Super 6 in the LWW division it could not happen.These type of tournaments do the frauds no favors and provide no hiding places and are potential career wreckers for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X