No announcement yet.

David Tua Admits: "Barrett Beat Me Last Time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tua Admits: "Barrett Beat Me Last Time"

Less than 24 hours before their career-defining rematch, David Tua openly admitted he should have lost last year's controversial draw with Monte Barrett.

The American is the first and only man to floor Tua in his 57-fight professional career, but the 12th-round knockdown in Atlantic City wasn't enough to convince the judges.

Boxing insiders have disputed the decision ever since, but before now, Tua refrained from a confession. On the eve of this self-tagged redemption, however, Tua conceded he escaped what would have been just his fourth loss.

"In my heart I thought I did [lose], without a doubt," Tua said after weighing in at 110.8kg yesterday, more than 9kg heavier than the trim 100.9kg Barrett.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...t-me-last-time

I like that David is a honest guy,to bad he is lazy he had huge potential 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      I like that David is a honest guy,to bad he is lazy he had huge potential 10 years ago.
      Damn right he did. 11-12 years ago he was one of the golden children of boxing after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        Tonight is it -- he wins or it's all over. And he really needs the money a win will bring him.

Comment

Working...
        X