Collapse
No announcement yet.

we will never see another roy jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always said that prime for prime, pound for pound, nobody beats Roy at his absolute best.

And I'm not even a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
      Im sorry man but your talking BS if you think roy had little skills and only athleticism thats utter garbage your typing.I have a question does been athletic give you the brain to box? i mean usain bolt is an athletic freak but i bet he couldnt box eggs.
      yes, he is obviously a skilled boxer as well....but their have been lots of criticism that he focused too much on his athleticism, which is why he isn't as successful in the older years as someone like hopkins who wasn't as athletic as roy, but knew the fundementals more

roy is an amazing boxer, but skill level wise he is no floyd, pernell etc...

Comment

Shit some people are clueless, you don't learn how to throw triple hooks without any fundamentals.

Comment

Roy jones ranks extremely high in the All time prime head to head list.

He would have ranked extremely high on the regular all time list had he retired after beating ruiz but he loves the sport too much to walk away.

Comment

People still talk like Roy had nothing but athleticism.

Let Floyd weigh in at 164 and immediately go back down to weigh in at 147 and see if his reflexes aren't affected at all. Roy had tremendous skill to go with his physical gifts, or he never would have been as good as he was.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I've always said that prime for prime, pound for pound, nobody beats Roy at his absolute best.

And I'm not even a fan of his.
              He's definitely in that conversation for best h2h fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                People still talk like Roy had nothing but athleticism.

Let Floyd weigh in at 164 and immediately go back down to weigh in at 147 and see if his reflexes aren't affected at all. Roy had tremendous skill to go with his physical gifts, or he never would have been as good as he was.
                They fail to see that the athleticism allowed him to go beyond the fundamentals not ignore them. It's kind of like criticizing a Lamborghini for not being a Model T.

Comment

They say if you travel deep enough towards the center of the universe, that it's statistically impossible not to find a second roy jones jr.
                  Last edited by I_like_wendys; 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM. Reason: jr. the good roy jones, not the one who named his kid after himself and threw him in the ocean to teach him to swim.

Comment

Probably not. (see what I did there? )

But yeah, I agree. RJJ was truly special. My favourite fighter of all time.

Comment

Everytime i wanna see just have good a figfhter can be, I watch old roy jones fights, the toney fight and clinton woods fight is proberly the most impressiv boxing preformances ever.

Roy jones is the only boxer that have highlight videos that are over a hour long

Comment

Working...
                      X