Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time I really fell off a motorcycle today..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raced motorcross for 12 yrs, and been ridding since i was 5.....taken many, many falls. never on the street though.

Comment

I've never dumped a bike more than the occasional tip but my friend's brother went out and bought a brand new 600RR after he went on a ride with us. He didn't have his licence yet so he asked his brother to ride it home for him but he wanted to be the first to "ride" his new bike so on the lot after all paperwork was done he sat on it, started her up and gunned it. He fell of, the bike landed and scraped down the right side, tore the mirror off and all within the 10 meters of "ride" he had. The kid never got his licence and had to sell the bike, lost a few grand on that... Good story though.

My old boss used to ride bikes competitively as well. We used to talk about bikes for hours at work and he'd just get other people to pick up the slack, it was a great job while he was there. Anyway, he has a ton of crash stories but he walks with a slight limp after he and friends were heading to do jumps and trials in a spot they knew of. He didn't check out the trails and didn't know a tree had fallen since the last time he was there and went over a jump and recalls clearly seeing a tree and thinking he was ****ed. Totaled the bike, broke his ankle and had to wait for his friends to get back with help.

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Sin, but this:

is not a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
          I've never dumped a bike more than the occasional tip but my friend's brother went out and bought a brand new 600RR after he went on a ride with us. He didn't have his licence yet so he asked his brother to ride it home for him but he wanted to be the first to "ride" his new bike so on the lot after all paperwork was done he sat on it, started her up and gunned it. He fell of, the bike landed and scraped down the right side, tore the mirror off and all within the 10 meters of "ride" he had. The kid never got his licence and had to sell the bike, lost a few grand on that... Good story though.

My old boss used to ride bikes competitively as well. We used to talk about bikes for hours at work and he'd just get other people to pick up the slack, it was a great job while he was there. Anyway, he has a ton of crash stories but he walks with a slight limp after he and friends were heading to do jumps and trials in a spot they knew of. He didn't check out the trails and didn't know a tree had fallen since the last time he was there and went over a jump and recalls clearly seeing a tree and thinking he was ****ed. Totaled the bike, broke his ankle and had to wait for his friends to get back with help.
          I can imagine it looked like this:

this:

or that:

damn, that sucks. did he not know how to ride before buying the bike?
          it's pretty stupid to go straight for new, especially if you have no experience at all.
          I've never done any motocross type ****, I've been quadding but never on dirt bikes.
          It's been something I've been wanting to try.
          Last edited by Sin City; 09-25-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X