Collapse
No announcement yet.

114 113 114 114 114 113

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Ward by a wider margin than the ones the officials gave.

Comment

Ward made Kovalev look one dimensional in the second half of the fight.

Kovalev didn't adjust, he was aimlessly being led around the ring by Ward and getting pot shotted on the inside. He didn't look comfortable or in control. Ward at least looked like he was executing his gameplanq with success, more so than Sergey.

I'd like to see a rematch, but I think Ward will win easier next time round. It's always the way with smart, skilled boxers like Ward, you generally only get one chance to shock them, as when they've figured you out it's child's play for them.

Comment

Boxing sucks. The sport is desperate to make more PPV events so they pull stunts like this to keep us suckers buying the rematch.

Ward showed heart but didn't do jack as well. Ward sweeping 7-12 rounds is ridiculous let's just stop it. If Ward was Kovalev last night he would of won across the board 116-112 and we will be hearing how great of a fight he had. Boxing fans are so used to robberies that we come up with ways justifying a Ward win hahaha.

Walters better KO Lomochenko because I smell another one brewing

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          It means that other than the 10-8 round, Kovalev only won 4 other rounds

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. Unless, you know, you're biased. Which you obviously are.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
            Ward made Kovalev look one dimensional in the second half of the fight.

Kovalev didn't adjust, he was aimlessly being led around the ring by Ward and getting pot shotted on the inside. He didn't look comfortable or in control. Ward at least looked like he was executing his gameplanq with success, more so than Sergey.

I'd like to see a rematch, but I think Ward will win easier next time round. It's always the way with smart, skilled boxers like Ward, you generally only get one chance to shock them, as when they've figured you out it's child's play for them.
            Wards got outladed every round pretty much, plus kovalev landed the more effective strikes.

Its fact that kovalev won this fight.

My point is to the ward nuthuggers who claim that there are so many hard to score, close rounds, okay, lets say there were, how do you get all three score cards exactly the same. You would have a wide range of scoring due the the close nature. The odds of all three judges getting 114 113 on a "extremely close fight" is incredibly rare. The fact that All three judges saw it in the minority range and scored it exactly the same is a very far stretch.

Comment

Close fight, could've gone either way. Still I had it excact like the judges. 114-113. Ward really took over after the 7th.

I don't see how anybody can score it a robbery, unless they fell asleep after 3.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                Wards got outladed every round pretty much, plus kovalev landed the more effective strikes.

Its fact that kovalev won this fight.

My point is to the ward nuthuggers who claim that there are so many hard to score, close rounds, okay, lets say there were, how do you get all three score cards exactly the same. You would have a wide range of scoring due the the close nature. The odds of all three judges getting 114 113 on a "extremely close fight" is incredibly rare. The fact that All three judges saw it in the minority range and scored it exactly the same is a very far stretch.
                Not really. 3 judges thought Ward won 7 and Kova 5, so that's how the scoring worked out. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  Ward really took over after the 7th.
                  Problem is if he only took over starting with the 7th, that's 5 rounds max he could have won.

Add the knockdown, you get to an 8-4 win for Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Problem is if he only took over starting with the 7th, that's 5 rounds max he could have won.

Exactly, at best ward split the rounds 7 onwards. He improved from 7 rounds onwards, but no way did he win every single round. He lost the first 5/6.

Ita impossible that kovalev lost this match, mathematically and physically.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

No because the first 7 rounds were something like 5-2 for Kovalev. Ward won 3rd and 5th (or maybe 6th, one of those) Kovalev could've taken the 10th too - 114-113 Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X