Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ostovich says husband punched her ‘repeatedly’ during attack, abused her in past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ostovich says husband punched her ‘repeatedly’ during attack, abused her in past

Rachael Ostovich described a frightening scene in her petition for a temporary restraining order against her husband.

Ostovich wrote in the petition, which was obtained by TMZ, that her husband Arnold Berdon punched her “repeatedly on the head, face, ribs, making me fall to the ground.” Ostovich went on to say that she “gasped for breath and escaped” through a balcony.

“I coughed up blood, threw up [several] times,” wrote Ostovich, a UFC fighter. “Cracked orbital.”

The temporary restraining order was requested and granted Tuesday in Hawaiian court. Berdon, also an MMA fighter, allegedly attacked Ostovich in the early morning hours Sunday after an argument at their home in the Waianae area of Honolulu County. He was arrested Tuesday on a second-degree attempted murder charge.

Berdon, 27, remains in custody. The case is still under investigation and he has not yet been arraigned. The charge could still change, per a Honolulu Police Department spokesperson.

In the petition document, Ostovich, 27, claimed that Berdon had physically abused her previously, mentioning a specific situation on May 6, where he allegedly punched her legs repeatedly, leaving them bruised. The petition for a restraining order was made, because Ostovich felt Berdon was a danger to her and their 5-year-old daughter, per the document.

Berdon must not come within 100 feet of both of them. The order expires May 18, 2019, per court records.

Ostovich was taken to the hospital Sunday, treated there and released. She has been ruled out of her scheduled fight with Paige VanZant on the UFC’s ESPN+ debut card Jan. 19 in Brooklyn.

Family members of Berdon told TMZ that he plans to argue he was defending himself against Ostovich and he did not initiate the violence.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Rachael Ostovich described a frightening scene in her petition for a temporary restraining order against her husband.

Ostovich wrote in the petition, which was obtained by TMZ, that her husband Arnold Berdon punched her “repeatedly on the head, face, ribs, making me fall to the ground.” Ostovich went on to say that she “gasped for breath and escaped” through a balcony.

“I coughed up blood, threw up [several] times,” wrote Ostovich, a UFC fighter. “Cracked orbital.”

The temporary restraining order was requested and granted Tuesday in Hawaiian court. Berdon, also an MMA fighter, allegedly attacked Ostovich in the early morning hours Sunday after an argument at their home in the Waianae area of Honolulu County. He was arrested Tuesday on a second-degree attempted murder charge.

Berdon, 27, remains in custody. The case is still under investigation and he has not yet been arraigned. The charge could still change, per a Honolulu Police Department spokesperson.

In the petition document, Ostovich, 27, claimed that Berdon had physically abused her previously, mentioning a specific situation on May 6, where he allegedly punched her legs repeatedly, leaving them bruised. The petition for a restraining order was made, because Ostovich felt Berdon was a danger to her and their 5-year-old daughter, per the document.

Berdon must not come within 100 feet of both of them. The order expires May 18, 2019, per court records.

Ostovich was taken to the hospital Sunday, treated there and released. She has been ruled out of her scheduled fight with Paige VanZant on the UFC’s ESPN+ debut card Jan. 19 in Brooklyn.

Family members of Berdon told TMZ that he plans to argue he was defending himself against Ostovich and he did not initiate the violence.
    He couldnt deal with that hotness. F'in clown.

Comment

War Machine Part 2. He wasn't supposed to be anywhere near her. He's gonna see some trouble with this.

Comment

I was thinking of War Machine as well.

Comment

Guys like that need to be executed.

Comment

He should have to pay her purse too IMO. If she can’t fight, that’s on him.

Comment

Wtf. Seeing Ostovich's fight with PVZ is back on.

I guess her orbital didn't get fractured, but I hope this is bs cuz I think anyone should be taking a step back after the person they love tried to kill them. The UFC needs to kill this fight asap if there is any truth to what ESPN is saying.

Comment

Here's the ESPN story btw.

A flyweight bout between Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich is back on for UFC Fight Night on Jan. 19, after it was initially canceled due to injuries Ostovich had suffered.

Ostovich, 27, suffered a fractured orbital bone during an alleged attack by her husband, professional MMA fighter Arnold Berdon, earlier this month in Hawaii. Afterward, her management announced she would not fight on Jan. 19 due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                  War Machine Part 2. He wasn't supposed to be anywhere near her. He's gonna see some trouble with this.
                  Exactly. This could have turned out badly.

Comment

I smell a lengthy jail sentence

Comment

Working...
                    X