Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Reiss Explains Why He Allowed Tyson Fury To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
    Fury was definitely knocked out for a good 4 seconds, even longer if you include the time it took for Reiss to start counting. You can even argue that Fury was only able to regain consciousness due to the Reiss getting unnecessarily close and practically screaming into his ear as he counted.

The image of Reiss issuing a count to a limp and unresponsive Tyson Fury whose facial expression resembled that of a dead man is not a good look. His decision was "suspect" to put it mildy. A more established ref like Bayless or Byrd would've deemed a 10 count unnecessary the moment they looked into Fury's eyes and saw that nobody was home.
    Reis didn't start the count moron, the timekeeper did. The ref picks up the count from the timekeeper.

Now you're arguing the ref woke him up by counting?

If your only argument for someone winning the fight, is a long count that didn't exist, he lost.

Comment

You don't waive the fight off under the presumption that a fighter won't beat the count. You waive it off as you determine the fighter to hurt to continue as being unconscious falls under that category. Needless to say, Fury arose capable of continuing. Wilder had the one judge in all of boxing that valued his wild misses over Fury back peddling and Fury had the one ref that wouldn't waive off a fight even though a fighter is unconscious. Call it a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Says the keyboard warrior, lol!

I picked Fury to win and he almost did but Wilder was robbed of a knockout!

Boxingscene is very bias, they didn’t even upload the part where Reiss stayed he didn’t follow full protocol and admitted he did his own thing and let Fury get more time due to the “spirits” and that “boxing needed it”!

Sound like a man who bet on Fury, this can’t be out of the question!

You fools are hive minded and can’t think for yourselves!

Reiss has admitted he didn’t follow all protocols, I recall plenty videos showing the timekeeper counting as soon as Fury touches the mat, Reiss didn’t even check the time keepers count but focused on Wilder being in a neutral corner which yes is customary but Wilder was heading there anyways!

By the time he turned to Fury he was at 5 but he should’ve been ready to be at 7 according to the time keeper who keeps knockdown count as well!

We need an interview with the time keeper to sort this mess out and shut you bandwagons up!

Most of y’all picked Wilder to
        Win btw!
        I agree. Wilder should have won by knock out and because the majority consensus says otherwise on this forum if you do think Wilder should of won you get ostracized.
        Lol. I think 7 people put me on ignore just after the fight because I wasn't going along with what everyone else said.
        Because I must be a newbie and dKsab.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I agree. Wilder should have won by knock out and because the majority consensus says otherwise on this forum if you do think Wilder should of won you get ostracized.
          Lol. I think 7 people put me on ignore just after the fight because I wasn't going along with what everyone else said.
          Because I must be a newbie and dKsab.
          Fury beat the count. That's the only rule that matters. Waving a fight off is solely up to the refs opinion. So why "SHOULD" Wilder have won by KO?

Comment

"So when I went down to count... not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."

"I said three, four... he was grimacing, his eyes and his cheeks, he was grimacing so I knew he was awake and then when I said five his eyes popped open like I startled him. He rolled over and got up and said "I'm OK! Jack I'm OK" or whatever he said. I said, 'Do you want to continue?', he said 'Yes' and put his arms on my shoulders. I pushed his arms off and said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go.

You want more proofs that this referee was rooting for Fury and saved him? lol! If it was Wilder at the place of Fury that referee will have stopped the fight right away!
            Last edited by BoxHec; 12-05-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
              "So when I went down to count... not only did I get down, I scooted in so he could see my hand and hear my voice."

"I said three, four... he was grimacing, his eyes and his cheeks, he was grimacing so I knew he was awake and then when I said five his eyes popped open like I startled him. He rolled over and got up and said "I'm OK! Jack I'm OK" or whatever he said. I said, 'Do you want to continue?', he said 'Yes' and put his arms on my shoulders. I pushed his arms off and said walk over there, come back to me and show me you're OK. He did and we let it go.

You want more proofs that this referee was rooting for Fury and saved him? lol!
              How is that saving him? Please explain. Fury beat the count, Reiss checked he was fit to continue by giving him a more difficult test by making him walk further than other refs do to check his balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
                Thank god it wasn’t some jack ass like Kenny Bayless or Tony Weeks In there

I’m glad we have good refs like Jack Reiss and Steve Smoger in this sport
                Or that one ref that makes faces throughout the whole fight

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                  Ref robbed Wilder of a KO victory!

I give Fury credit he has balls and a ton of heart but he should’ve been counted out!

There’s video where the ringside time scorer gets up when Tyson touches the mat and counts, when she was at 6 while Reiss was at 4!

I picked Fury to outbox Wilder which he mostly did but even Jack Reiss admitted that he didn’t fully follow boxing protocol and basically did his own thing!

Reiss needs to be investigated, never seen a ref get down on their knees and yell the count near a fighters ears!

9.5 out of 10 refs would wave it off for the safety of the fighter!

There’s plenty of videos that show there are discrepancies with the count as well!
                  I don’t see how getting on his knees and yelling the count matters. It’s not like that helps a fighter recuperate

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Reis didn't start the count moron, the timekeeper did. The ref picks up the count from the timekeeper.

Now you're arguing the ref woke him up by counting?

If your only argument for someone winning the fight, is a long count that didn't exist, he lost.
                    Okay you win, Fury wasn't momentarily knocked out limp, he was actually using the opportunity to get some much needed rest and admire the ceiling light fixtures while doing his best Ricky Hatton impression...

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
                      Okay you win, Fury wasn't momentarily knocked out limp, he was actually using the opportunity to get some much needed rest and admire the ceiling light fixtures while doing his best Ricky Hatton impression...
                      The KD and count were fully in the rules, no rules were broken. Fury beat the count. Go petition to change the rules if you have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X