Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What black conservatives/Republicans/libertarians do you like reading and/or listenin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    What black conservatives/Republicans do you enjoy reading or listening to?

During my libertarian phase I enjoyed Thomas Sowell, Johnathan Blanks, Niger Innis & Walter Williams to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
      Non of D above.To me black republicans are trying to be something there not.you here that omarosa and Michael Jordan lol but yea you can be a democrat and still prosper economically and financially.you don't have to be a sell out to do that.
      So, you are a sell out if you are a black republican?
      Do you know the histry of the democratic party? In regards to slavery, KKK, and civil rights.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
        So because I'm black I have to vote democrat smfh
        And a sell out if you are republican.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
          So, you are a sell out if you are a black republican?
          Do you know the histry of the democratic party? In regards to slavery, KKK, and civil rights.
          I'm not an American but I was under the impression that the Republicans were based in the Northern states and the Democrats were based in the South pre Civil Wsr. Now it's flipped around for the most part. Isn't it possible that the parties policies have changed also over time. There is nothing wrong with being a member of either party but I don't get why anyone would vote for a particular one based on what happened a century and a half ago.

Comment

Khalid Muhammad is the only one I listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              More than 80% of African Americans consistently vote for the party that created, encouraged and fought to keep slavery...

The Republican party or conservative principles would (and have done) more to create wealth a opportunity for black communities, just look at a city like Chicago or Baltimore to see how bad it can get under the Democrats.

Obama was a prime example of what the Democrats offer blacks....nothing.
              ... this "label" is outdated, and you know it...

... Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy were all leaning to the left and eventually managed to set the current direction...

Comment

I don't care what kind of history it has I'm looking at the now and what dems stand for is equal opportunity.and far as our history goes it was slavery long before my people got here.whites where slaves.our history don't start with slavery it starts at the beginning of mankind.we made y'all remember that.your descendants of the first rulers and kings who roamed the beautiful lands of Africa.So yea that whole kkk and civil war crap means nothing to us lol

Comment

Nice thread, man. I make no bones that my political beliefs are about as far from US conservatism - of any hue - as you can be and indeed quite outside the narrow range of normal political debate in the US but I still like to take in and attempt to understand as many viewpoints as possible. Those held up as exemplars of a particular philosophy are usually the best place to start so I'll add some of these dudes to my reading list.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-17-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I don’t follow anyone closely currently. Back in the day I was always a big fan of Jack Kemp. He isn’t a minority but his brand of republicanism, along with Colin Powell, encompassed much of my beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      Thomas Sowell and Allen West are brilliant in my book...….Rockin'
                      I agree with this. Certainly a brilliant man, that Sowell. I've been listening to a good amount of his lectures and though I don't always agree, I do agree with a lot of what he says.

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                      X