Pacquiao vs Crawford - Coming April 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
    2M PPV buys? Lmao.

Crawford can’t even pull in 200K buys. Manny can’t carry them to 1M all by himself anymore, he can do half the work.
    The matchup is what brings the numbers, Manny will do more vs TC than either Garcia, the real difference is the brains behind Manny see TC and Spence as likely to stop Manny or beat him up badly .

If Manny wants to fight losers the best fight is Porter but that is harder than either Garica so Porter will be by passed as well.

Manny will fight Danny Garcia or Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Wouldn’t this fight had happened before Manny was with PBC? I doubt it happens now. And lol at this doing 1 mil. Please. The only time Manny was doing 1 mil PPV consistently when when he was running through welterweights from 08 - 12. He hasn’t had a 1 mil PPV since Márquez IV in 2012. I don’t count the May - Pac numbers because that was a statistical rarity where 2 household names came together.

But for his last like, 5 PPVs he’s been doing 300K - 500K numbers. How would Crawford make it any more?
      I think a Pac-Crawford fight will make buys slightly better than Pac-Thurman. The old man raised up his profile a little bit after that Thurman win. Even though Crawford is a relatively unknown household name, many will start to recognize him during the build-up of a Pac fight and people will realize how dangerous this fight will be for Pac making them intruiged to buy this fight

Getting 1M buys is far off but getting somewhere north of 500 buys is likely possible

Comment

I hope that tc and arum are ready now to fight an old senator, past his prime and a part time boxer pac....

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          I hope that tc and arum are ready now to fight an old senator, past his prime and a part time boxer pac....
          Thing is when has Manny said he wants Crawford next never, cannot happen when Manny doesnt want it.

Comment

I can’t see this version of Manny beating a prime Crawford. In fact I see Crawford putting on a clinic of this fight happens. I like Manny and at this point in his career I hope he takes a couple easier fights and retires.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
              lol casuals don't know who Crawford is and Arum knows it, all his PPVs have been disasters and he has no personality. An ageing Pacquiao isn't gonna draw big PPV numbers alone, he needs a popular opponent and Crawford is far from it.
              That's not fair. Casuals saw the news. They saw Crawford go full on thug and threaten a car shop owner before damaging his equipment.

Then they saw him blatantly low blow a guy instead of beating him fair, this guy that their hardcore boxing fan buddies that chat on NSB and kept saying Khan is easy to sleep.

They know who Crawford is. Show respeck

Comment

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
                Pac did about 800K buys with PAC Bradley 2 and then he did the 4.6M with Mayweather.
                Yes. But if you took the time to read my entire comment, you would’ve read that I did recognize and acknowledged the May vs Pac 4.6 mil. You need to understand however, that fight should have a footnote next to it. May vs Pac was not your typical fight. The 4.6 mil buys was extremely rare and was not typical for a PPV event. The fight has massive casual build up around it and people were asking for that fight for about 5 years. That fight does not reflect a typical Pacquiao PPV.

Bradley vs Pac II had significance to it because Bradley got the decision the first time around, and it still failed to break 1 mil. 800K does not equal 1 mil.

A hypothetical Crawford vs Pac will probably do 500K - 600K. I seriously doubt it touches 800K. Pac would need to do some weird Mayweather type of event to break 1 mil. You need to understand. 1 mil PPV is very successful and is hard to accomplish.

Comment

I’m going with Mikey as PAC’s next opponent. Possibly Spence if he is ready by April and not looking for a tune-up.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                    what a dumb post... so crawford sent all those fighters a contract and they all denied it?????? i can sit here and say crawford doesnt wanna fight spence, danny, thurman, etc. you know damm well why these type of fights aint happen yet. one fighter is being promoted by top rank while the others is under PBC.
                    Crawford and Arum offered Danny Garcia the PPV fight this past April.

At THAT TIME Danny was whining about wanting rematches with Porter and Thurman, but both weren't interested.

At THAT time Terrence was #1 PFP.

Terrence and Arum offered Danny Garcia $4 million + PPV for the April 20 Madison Square Garden fight. And that wouldve been a CAREER HIGH PAYDAY for Danny.

Taking that fight and winning gives him:

- career high payday
                    - leverage in Thurman/Porter rematch negotiations

Danny Garcia passed up on the fight and fought Adrian Garnados for $1M flat on regular cable. And no fan or other fighter consider him worthy of a Thurman or Porter rematch for beating marginally regarded JWW Granados at WW....

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                      The matchup is what brings the numbers, Manny will do more vs TC than either Garcia, the real difference is the brains behind Manny see TC and Spence as likely to stop Manny or beat him up badly .

If Manny wants to fight losers the best fight is Porter but that is harder than either Garica so Porter will be by passed as well.

Manny will fight Danny Garcia or Mikey.
                      Excellent insight and very likely correct.

Danny Garcia is the best opponent because of how limited he is.

Manny is closer to Mikeys size and can do more than Danny can so the pick is likely Danny Garcia

Comment

Working...
                      X