Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux: I Wanted To Show Critics I Can Fight at Short Distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref should have given the Mexican the benefit of a few more seconds. But the ref made the call he sought fit for the situation.
    Whats really funny is that all though out the fight, the name Lomanchenko NEVER came up. ��

Comment

Oh, go away already, Rigo

Comment

Nice stoppage from Rigo...always liked his skill set...don't know much about his opponent but he looked pretty big relative to Rigo and seemed to be a good fighter as well...took more punches that I'm used to seeing but it was a fun fight to watch.

Who is next for Rigo? I don't know much about those smaller classes

Comment

It was early stoppage. Especially considering that Ceja was ahead in the fight. Rigondeaux would have probably finished him in the next round but you never know. Russell Mora is a **** referee.

Comment

Translation: my legs are gone.

Comment

Not an early stoppage Ceja could barely walk to his corner after it was stopped he was hurt the ref saw it in his eyes and made the right choice you all want to see people die in the ring apparently Ceja was winning without a doubt but he just got caught its how it is sometimes. Rigos legs are not what they used to be but I don't think they are completely shot he still has one last title run in him but his end is near its rare to see the smaller divisions fight until their 40's only one I can think of is Omar Narvaez and he has slowed down alot compared to his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Javcar View Post
                Bs he was about to lose when the ref saved him. The other champs beat him. Dude looks great for his age though. He is shredded
                Nah, the referee saved his ass from an inevitable beat down. In situations like those; Rigo is at his finest and most dangerous. Given, all of his experience, amateur background and pedigree Ceja wouldn't have stood a chance.

Comment

If Rigo uses movement, fools say he runs too much. If Rigo trades punches a little bit, the same fools say he's shot & his legs are gone. Rigo hasn't taken enough punishment in his career to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Not an early stoppage Ceja could barely walk to his corner after it was stopped he was hurt the ref saw it in his eyes and made the right choice you all want to see people die in the ring apparently Ceja was winning without a doubt but he just got caught its how it is sometimes. Rigos legs are not what they used to be but I don't think they are completely shot he still has one last title run in him but his end is near its rare to see the smaller divisions fight until their 40's only one I can think of is Omar Narvaez and he has slowed down alot compared to his prime.
                    A lot of truth in this post. The stoppage looked early to us on TV, but I trust the ref’s judgement here, especially after watching Ceja walk back to his corner. And, yeah, Rigo’s days are numbered. Too bad we didn’t see more performances like this from him in his career. (With a little better D, of course.) He’s always had exceptional power.

Comment

Rigo doesn't really have it anymore, he's still very good and he might still become a unified champ at 122 but his legs, reflexes and timing aren't there the way they used to be. In hindsight, going 2 weight classes up against a younger, bigger, stronger and more active Loma, Rigo simply didn't stand a chance. Has there been any other fighter at the lower weight classes that has fought in his late 30's?

Comment

Working...
                      X