No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Explains Why He Beat Andy Ruiz and Joshua Did Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Ruiz beat both imo, but Parker was able to put distance between himself and Ruiz (basically what Parker said in the article).

Joshua needs to do the same in the rematch, Ruiz has slow feet.
    Joshua’s feet are even slower though.

Comment

Parker is a good boxer but Ruiz already said he wasn't in shape for the Parker fight and had some training issues.

If Joshua had given Ruiz the same respect he gave Povetkin it would have been a different fight. Still don't know who will win the rematch but it will be closer.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Weebler I View Post
        Ruiz beat both imo, but Parker was able to put distance between himself and Ruiz (basically what Parker said in the article).

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        This. Had Ruiz fought in California the Mexican American would’ve already been WBO champ
        I also agree with Weebler. But IMO it's still an open question as to whether or not Ruiz would beat Parker. I for one would luv to see a rematch between those two. Would certainly be an interesting chess game style fight.

Comment

It probably comes down to punch resistance if I’m being honest

Parker got hit flush loads in that fight and hardly wobbled was very close on the cards too . Ruiz was still throwing bombs in the twelfth round

Joshua is gonna have to knock him out should be a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Joshua can't move around as well as Parker can. And he isn't going to get significantly better at it in one training camp.

Comment

It's called home cooking. Pretty easy to see why Parker *won*.

Comment

He hit the hammer on the nail. Joshua is not your prototypical stick and move type of fighter. He likes to fight off the front foot as opposed to the back foot.

When he is moving off the back foot, he is doing so just in order to collect himself and get a second wind. He hardly ever throws punches while he's backing up and fighting off the back foot.

The reason he doesn't is because he is too muscular. Those muscles of his give him strong, fast bursts of energy and stamina but then they wear off and fatigue him afterwards.

Those are the times when you see AJ fighting off the back foot only after he has blown his load and is trying to regain a second wind.

Comment

... imo, both Parker-Ruiz and Joshua-Parker were "fixed"... both "underdogs" were after the payday, not after the win...

Comment

Ruiz is all wrong for Joshua.

Unless he knocks him out early the outcome will be the same.

Joshua can't outbox Ruiz over 12.

Comment

Good analysis by Parker. The last sentence was on point!

Comment

Working...
                      X